Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a 02 F350 w/ 7.3L. Pickup has 150k on it now and the thing is just a dawg. He has the same setup as me other than the DP-tuner, open cone intake w/ 3.5inch straight pipe. He gets worse mileage than my pickup and his turbo isnt even close to the sound of mine. He thinks its using oil. He had to put some in not to long ago. Havent drove it a lot to determine what its doing yet. It dont smoke either. We dont see any leaks that we know of. My pickup has a lot more power than his even when my DP-tuner is on stock or unhooked mine will outpull and walk his. Could his turbo being going out? or his fins shot in it??? Just for testing i put my DP-tuner in his pickup and im pretty sure that it would have to be set at 80hp to even get the results my pickup has stock. Thats what it feels like. :dunno:

Any ideas.

thanks

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
cracked/leaking turbo boots, leaking up-pipe gaskets, bad injector o-rings, old fuel filter, has a cat on the exhaust, turbo may be worn out (check for fins chips and shaft play), those are jsut a few things that come to mind, they are common wear componenets, check them out. my first bet would be on failing turbo boots.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbo boots have been replaced and do not see any signs of leaks, Fuel filter has been replaced, there is no CAT on exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts