Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm picking up my 13 Lariat F350 CC tomorrow. I'm basically putting it right to work, I'm headed out to California to pick up a prerunner, then to Colorado for an offroad event I'm hosting. I have a few questions.

1. Should I change the oil before this trip? What kind of mileage is everyone getting out of their oil, and what are you running?

2. AFE drop in filter. Which one is everyone running? This one?

3. Any simple tips todo right out of the box?

4. Are there any companies making kits for these trucks that lets you tie in an additional fuel filter? My dodge had one that ran a 2 micron fleetguard filter, and it was good piece of mind.

5. What fuel additives are people running (if any)?

6. Any place better than others to buy DEF?

Looking forward to the truck!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Diesel site offers a fuel filter setup on their website for the 11-13 trucks.

·
Banned
799 Posts
make sure the def is fresh after about 60 days it turns and the reductant quality test will fail.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's exactly the type of setup I'm looking for.

Are you talking about the def in a jug or whats in the truck?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I try and buy my DEF at the Pump at Truck Stops. It's cheaper per gallon and everyone else is using it so it's not sitting in tank long unlike a box on a shelf.

·
Registered
628 Posts
If you are picking it up new my dealer suggested to change at every 5000 miles. I'm not sure if you can bump up to 7500 miles or not and still be within warranty guidelines. My first 4 oil changes were included so I'm just doing them at 5000.

For Def, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I typically last about 5000 miles per DEF tank. The local ford dealership has a huge drum of it and will fill it completely up for $21.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I currently have a WIX drop in air filter and I get my DEF fluid from Ford....it comes with an adapter funnel too. I also use the Motorcraft fuel additive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts