Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I picked up my 08 Lariat CC yesterday. This is 2 firsts for me, first diesel and first Ford. I had to order a truck because I could not find the right combination of options that I wanted. The big surprise was that the truck arrived 4 weeks after it was ordered.

I have been reading this forum for about 6 months and picked up valuable info that has helped steer me towards a SD. I had my sights set on a 6.7L mega cab. I still like the limo rear seat of the Dodge.

I bought the truck from Riata Ford outside of Austin. It was a painless transaction thanks to Jason James. He gave me a great deal on an ordered unit. Give Jason a call if you want a great deal on a new truck.

Here are my fuel economy observations. When I left the dealership, I reset the average fuel economy indicator. The trip home was about 230 miles so I was able to make some observations. I tried to average 75 mph except for the numerous traffic jams that turned the highway into a parking lot. The engine rpm was about 1900 @ 75mph. The boost gauge was about 10 psi but would jump to 20 psi as I accelerated. The fuel economy went as high as 15.6 before settling down to 15.3. I realize that the fuel economy numbers are estimates. My fuel economy should hopefully only go up from here as continue to add miles on the truck.

No complaints so far. I am impressed with the quiet smooth ride and the dash isn’t that bad looking either. I should be towing my trailer over the July 4th holiday so I can get a good feel for its towing capabilities. I think I made the right choice on this one.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
congrats on the new 6.4. I hope to get mine by the end of this year, did you get a auto or manual?

·
Registered
30 Posts
new rig

congratulations on your new rig :headbang1:
:worthless[1]:

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Congrats on the new truck and welcome to the Org!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Congrats on the new truck, let us know when you get your first regen and what happens to the mileage. Till then, enjoy the bliss. :)

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
congrats on the purchase and belated :ORG welcome:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Congrats on the :icon_ford:, Give us what you ordered, all the specs. Love to hear that you were origanally looking at the dodge, and switched. What was the main reason that you did the PS over the Cumns

·
Registered
124 Posts
I reset my comp. when I fuel up and I'm getting 15 to 16 around town.
I also check it on paper and it differs maybe .5.
19000 miles and worked pretty hard.
New train horns are worth every $.
:icon_ford: :thumb: :icon_ford:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts