Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Ive got a 4 pillar pod with performax gauges. I would like to add a overhead pod as well. The problem in the 3 wires that go from the ESP to the actual gauges arent long enough to read the overhead pod. I was just wondering if it is possible to take some wire the same gauge as the factory esp wires and just connect them to extend the wires?

Also I am trying to fill out the rebate form for the performax rebate. On the rebate form it asks for the esp serial number. I can not find this number...ive looked all over the esp and there are no numbers on it at all? I would like to get this filled out and sent in before it expires on the 30th.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
We already spoke on the phone, but I figured I'd stick the answers up here. It is okay to extend the ESP wires to the gauges, make sure to use similar wire (18 gauge TXL), and make a secure connection (preferably soldered and heat-shrink). Also keep the "branch" length as short as reasonably possible. The rebate is being extended through the end of this month. The serial number should be on the label on the back of the ESP, although it sounds like your label may have been a printing mistake (with a date code in place of the serial number).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 2 of 2 Posts