Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 05 and I'm positive it has some kind of a performance tune in it, not that I mind but I'm going to be pulling a 30' tag around.
Also the truck has been egr deleted, what are my options?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned several trucks none of them tuned, this truck will haul a** shifting hard in all gears. I could be wrong...no smoke and no cel with and egr delete.

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Without the tuner that flashed the performance tune onto your truck the only way is to have the dealer re-flash your PCM and FICM to OEM tune. If your truck does not smoke then it sounds like a very well thought out tune so why not leave it that way.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
buy an sct, get the tuner to put a stock file on there for you. OR, take it to ford and have it reflashed, however that will likely net you a CEL from the egr delete. SCT is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
The dealer I go to automatically reflashes my truck whenever I take it in for servicing if there is a software update.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks TERM3, I like the tune and the truck shifts well but I will be pulling 13-15k and I will not be monitoring the egts at this time, I will however be purchasing and edge insight to monitor other temps.
As far as a tuner goes, it seems SCT is the way to go, I was thinking about taking it back to my local dealer and having them check it out and re-flashed it then purchase a tuner. What tunes do most recommend?

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
There are several Powerstroke forums just check them to see who's the most popular. I have a SCT tuner with Elite tunes on it but some guys do not like Elites customer service but I have always had good luck with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts