Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have to admit i am asking this because i saw the thread about performance shops in Fla! Yea i know lame but still. Do any of you know of any real good performance shops in the south Tx region? Houston to austin to san antonio to corpus? I live in the crossroads of all those major cities. Have not heard of any of the major "tuners" from around these areas or just "great shops" in general.
Thanks in advance! :icon_ford:

·
Registered
137 Posts
In Houston you have Diesel Innovations, In San Antonio there is truck source diesel. Both do everything from custom tuning to full out motor builds and are very reputable. Not sure about Austin and corpus. Where are you located? I'm from brenham, but am living in SA now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in victoria... So i am right at the crossroads! kind of a great spot! 2hrs plus or minus a few min from all 4 major cities... any preferences on diesel innovations or truck source diesel? Also on the TS chip tuners, do you know who tunes there chips?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ive bought things from both, great customer service with each. just depends on where i am when i need things. DI has a great website google them. I ordered a boost fooler DI on Monday and i got it in the mail yesterday! As far as tunes each does there own custom tuning. I havent had major work done at either, but each has been more than helpful whenever i had a question no matter how small.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great! I appreciate the info... I will probably go to DI just because i go to Houston alot more. I dont mind talking to people over the phone and stuff, but I enjoy going in and visiting with the people. Easier to let them know what you want to do and create good relations with them. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i will do it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking for kind of everything! As in when i start ordering stuff. One of the main things is a TS chip programmer... So if i had problems I could take it up to the shop and get it fine tuned there if there was any problems without haveing to send it in, get it back , send it in..... Most of the work i will be doing to the truck i can do myself.. nothing too major

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking at your site (PTP) and saw the 6 pos chip. Is this the chip that can be reburnded and "programmed" to vehicle specifics to get the most out of it? I also noticed no tow modes. Thanks in advance for the info

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I was looking at your site (PTP) and saw the 6 pos chip. Is this the chip that can be reburnded and "programmed" to vehicle specifics to get the most out of it? I also noticed no tow modes. Thanks in advance for the info
Yeah it can be reburned, cost is 25.00 for reburn. Tow tunes would just be your lower hp tunes like 50-60-70 and so on. You can also choose what position you want each tune in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts