Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one use these head gaskets they claim to be same specs as oem and a bit cheaper without the head bolts that are gonna just get thrown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
71 Posts
Havin mine put on at this moment they are the same specs they come off the same machine as the OEMs

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds promising to me

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hopefully they work well. If it were me i'd stick with OEM just to be safe. I'd hate to see this become the new bandwagon just to have it turn into the BO/VR gaskets fiasco all over again.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I just did my Hg's on my truck. Got everything from performance machine and I gotta say they kick ***! By far the best deal around and customer service was the best I have had when dealing with this truck. That said i almost got the titanium gaskets and all the pmm parts because they offer lifetime warranty when you do it that way. I however already had a few parts in the full setup that I didn't see a need in replacing so I saved the money that way and payed a little extra for oem gaskets. My friend is installing a set if the titanium gaskets on his truck right now and they look to be very nice. I would run them without a second thought honestly. I just didn't wanna be the guinea pig if you no what I mean.

What would I be doing right now if I didn't have an iPhone?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Havin mine put on at this moment they are the same specs they come off the same machine as the OEMs
Where did you get this info?? Made off the same machine?

Id rather stick with whats been tested over and over with great results then test a new gasket that nobody has used before just to save a few $$.. So they have a lifetime warranty,Thats not a big deal. If your gaskets blow are you really going to put the same gaskets back in again because you got them for free? I know I wouldnt..

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Skooter you said "I would run them without a second thought honestly. I just didn't wanna be the guinea pig if you no what I mean." so obviously you do have a second thoughts. LOL
Personally I would stick with tried and tested OEM headgaskets since they are such a PITA to change out. Lifetime warranties do not cover lose of use of your truck for the two days it takes them to replace those Titanium gaskets if/when they fail. Cheaper does not always mean equal to.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ya ill let ya know. We cant be scared of new stuff or we wouldn't have this addiction lol im currently putting the titanium gaskets on and looming at them both together the only visible difference is the titanium is black not blue

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Just wondering how well they will do in a HIGH horse power motor. It would be nice if they were at least equal to OEM in holding power. I just don't have time to experiment and find out, heck I still have a pile of parts waiting for me to install on my truck and the pile keeps seeming to grow. :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
If mine go again I will run the titanium gaskets. No question about it. My buddy will be done with his truck tonight and he will be taking off to the track this weekend. His truck is a high horsepower truck so if they hold up in his truck they should hold up in just about anything. From what I was told the gaskets are essentially an oem gasket but with a costing on them to help them seal and stay sealed.

What would I be doing right now if I didn't have an iPhone?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
stock gaskets have a coating on them also....it's that blue sealant.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Just wondering how people are making out with these new gaskets. PMM is really trying to push some on us to try out but I'm not going to be using them till they've been out for a while. Trying to do some research on them and not coming up with a lot. Did find this video that I thought was interesting....

He's saying their made by VR still, and that they made the OEM ones?! If that's the case why were the Black Onyx's such a disaster? Any one have any real info on here?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've read on this forum where someone measured the thickness of each layer on the bo gaskets and they had thinner layers then the oem. I think this may have something to do with the correct sealing.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is exactly right the titanium gaskets that performance machine carry are thicker than the OEMs and black onyx this allows the gasket to make the correct sealing it needs...I've been runnin the titaniums for a months now and have had nothin but good luck with em highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I'm aware that the black onyx gaskets are thinner, but not sure on these titanium gaskets. I just thought it was funny that in that video from Custom diesel the guy says there made by Victor Reinz. From what I'm hearing they're supposed to be exactly like the OEM's but that's just hearsay at this time. Has anyone actually measured them?

They are priced a little better but I'm going to wait till they've been out on the market for a good bit before giving them a shot. I'd rather spend the extra hundred for OEM's that we know work then do a whole head gasket job over again....

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah definite I have a set of black onyx sitting in my room that a purchased with some other stuff from a buddy I'm definitely not putting them on and need head gaskets I got the arp's and would like more info on these since it is cheaper but no one has hard data or time with these gaskets.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Just wondering how people are making out with these new gaskets. PMM is really trying to push some on us to try out but I'm not going to be using them till they've been out for a while. Trying to do some research on them and not coming up with a lot. Did find this video that I thought was interesting....

Ford 6.0 Head Gasket Review - YouTube

He's saying their made by VR still, and that they made the OEM ones?! If that's the case why were the Black Onyx's such a disaster? Any one have any real info on here?
is it just me or does it look like the cylinder holes on the vr gaskets look HUGE compared to the OEM?

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Hard to say but I think it might be more of an optical illusion since they have a black coating around the fire ring and they are on a black counter. Other then that they do look a lot like OEM....

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I think someone needs to get a set and measure them to see what the thickness is and if it is just as thick as the OEM, I would say they are probably just as good as stock. What sold me was the stampings. I don't know if the BO gaskets had the same as OEM or not too but it would be interesting to know.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts