Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I recently totalled my 1999 f350 with an automatic and just bought a 2000 f250 with a 6 speed with the same mods, intake and exhaust but no tuner. I put my Dp-Tuner in the new truck. It has decent power but not like my automatic. It doesn't smoke nearly as much. I was just wondering if I should send the chip back to Jodi to have it reprogrammed because its a different truck. O and when i go down the highway in 5th gear if i slow down to like 55 or so i put the pedal to the floor and my truck BARELY accelerates....until...i push the ON button for my cruise. When i do that the turbo spools and I have all the power I need. Anyone have any idea why this happens, because I'm just straight up baffled.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yea you will need to get it retuned, im sure they both have different pcm's. Take a look at them and check which ones you have. If they are the same PCM im not sure how it goes when one has a 6 speed vs an automatic as far as retuning it:thumb: Call Jody and ask

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Gee let's think about it, you have a program for a automatic trans and you have it installed on a manual trans truck with a different PCM code?? What could be the problem? Sorry man not trying to be a Jerk, but there is a reason why Jody asks you for your PCM code when you order a chip or program. Call Jody and he will make everything right.
NCH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts