Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going, So im fairly new to the diesel world. Would like to get some more power out of my stroke. Current set up includes the fallowing as far as i know, Stage 1 single shot injectors, fass air/fuel seperator, Aeromotive fpr, CAI, unknown upgraded secondary fuel pump, dp tuner, boost fooler, and some other stuff that im not sure of. So the questions i have are what are the next possible upgrades? What turbo is the best bolt on? Intercooler and piping upgrades? Best exhaust size, straight piped, stacks? Just here to learn and try to get some ideas and gain some knowledge. So any help is greatly appreciated! Thank ya'll some much!

Here's my truck, just figured i throw this in there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? Really?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
You asked at midnight.. do you really think people are up at midnight looking to help people with their trucks?

First I'd ask about EVERY single mod on that truck. Start modding **** thats already been modded and your in for a very rough ride.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no one to ask what is done to it, i bought the truck from a used car dealer. I found all of what i listed from my own knowledge and research. So yeah... :shrug: Im just trying to gain some knowledge and your guys opinions on what would be the next steps in performance modifications.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Transmission! And then gauges.
I have gauges, forgot to list them. I have boost, egt, fuel press., coolant temp, oil pressure, And volt Gauges. Aswell as air pressure for the bags. What about the trans?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Take it to a reputable transmission shop and have them upgrade it. BTS is among the best for fully built transmissions (so I've heard).

Sent from a device that's smarter than me

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
3,006 Posts
You have all those mods anx a running the stock exhaust??

And what do you mean by a secondary fuel pump?? Stock should give you all the fuel you need??

I would say you have a pretty stout DD truck right there. Really no need to go with a different leaf blower, your stocker will run the stage one sticks just fine.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...

·
Registered
90 Posts
you need at least a 4 in exhaust. im a fan of straight pipes, sounds great and really lets the truck breathe. I would also have a good transmission put in. if you dont have a trans temp gauge youll need that too. thats a sharp truck by the way!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I have no one to ask what is done to it, i bought the truck from a used car dealer. I found all of what i listed from my own knowledge and research. So yeah... :shrug: Im just trying to gain some knowledge and your guys opinions on what would be the next steps in performance modifications.
Ohhhh gotcha. Ouch thats rough man. If you dont know EVERYTHING done to that track, you might end up stepping on your own toes. So you reasearched evcerything to realize what mods are done to it? Thats impressive.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Exhaust, mods, and built the tranny. Then, best dropin turbo is the 38r, if you want more go with a t4 mount and an s366 or something along those lines.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohhhh gotcha. Ouch thats rough man. If you dont know EVERYTHING done to that track, you might end up stepping on your own toes. So you reasearched evcerything to realize what mods are done to it? Thats impressive.
Yes, did as much research as possible to find out what i got and there are still some stuff im not sure if stock or not. I mean i work on powerstrokes everyday, Im a diesel mechanic. But have never really messed with the performance aspect because i've never owned one. I figured since i work on them all day everyday i might as well have one for myself. But when it comes to aftermarket on them im lost, thus the reason of this thread.

So pretty much just go for an exhaust for now? Would it be worth puttin an intake in, since i already have an open filter with a bag?

I also found out i have the crank case vent mod, and harpoon mod.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It looks like you already have the 6637 filter from the pictures that you provided. This is a popular, cheap, do it yourself intake. I'm sure others will chime in, but it is a pretty good setup to run.

There's tons of information on it, so if you google it, you can read up on it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like you already have the 6637 filter from the pictures that you provided. This is a popular, cheap, do it yourself intake. I'm sure others will chime in, but it is a pretty good setup to run.

There's tons of information on it, so if you google it, you can read up on it.
Have done some research on it, but would it be worth it to buy an afe or volant or any other...or would it be the same as the 6637?

Good lookin truck:thumb:

Heres a +1 for a 38r turbo. I think anytime you have upgraded fuel you need to upgrade your air too
Thank you, Thinking about the turbo alot, but im not gonna drop the coin if its not worth it.

Also just ordered and exhaust!

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
3,006 Posts
Have done some research on it, but would it be worth it to buy an afe or volant or any other...or would it be the same as the 6637?

Thank you, Thinking about the turbo alot, but im not gonna drop the coin if its not worth it.

Also just ordered and exhaust!
The 6637 will flow plenty of air for your setup, I would not spend the dollar to upgrade to something that wont gain you anything.

More air, more fuel, free flowing exhaust will make more power. The 38r will flow more air for sure, but with other supporing mods like bigger sticks and hpop you wont be able to use it.

I am running stock turbo, hpop, and fuel in my truck. I am guessing if I dyno'd her I would be in the 350-375 area. All my stock components have 294k on them.

IMO I would be putting my money in a tranmission upgrade. Upgrade the TC, VB, add a shift kit, and add a larger cooler.

What you have already, with those upgrades above, and you will have a very stout DD truck!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, where can i get the trans over haul stuff? which torque converter, vavle body and shift kit would be my best bet? for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Depending on your location and price. Alligator performance has a trans rebuild kit for 2500 with everything you need.

Sent from a device that's smarter than me

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 21 Posts