Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I saved up a couple bucks and I finally want to chip out my truck (09 F-250 superduty) but I havint had the time to look at what's good and which ones are better then others. So I'm asking for your guys for help to see which ones you recommend and the feedback on them, thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have a H&S mini maxx and i love it. easy to install and the shift on the fly is a big plus in my book as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well i like it but my clutch really doesn't so i can't honestly tell you how it really acts on a higher setting simply because i can't really run it hard without the clutch slipping. But if i kept the chip low and was careful it was very good. Temps didn't get outta hand or anything and the power was good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would also very highly recommend doing a dpf delete too i don't know your budget but they have some nice package deals for a chip intake and exhaust. I bought everything from performance truck products and i would highly recommend them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I would also recommend the mini maxx especially if you tow alot but like to have fun when your empty. I run on the hot damn 300 hot setting for daily driving then drop it down to the HD no power or mild when towing depending on how heavy the load is. The shift on the fly tuning is what won it for me,I was sick of the 10min downloads on my 6.0.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello everey one i am new to the site i want to put a 3208 injection pump on my 96 7.3 i have seen it done it had nice power all stock just looking for any info thanks

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
hello everey one i am new to the site i want to put a 3208 injection pump on my 96 7.3 i have seen it done it had nice power all stock just looking for any info thanks
Wrong section. And idk what pump that is.
But :welcome1:

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
What do you guys think about the Spartan
There are alot of people running spartan with great results. You really can't go wrong with either h&s or spartan.

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,898 Posts
What do you guys think about the Spartan
I love my spartan. I've been running it for about 8 months now. I run the 300 tune all day every day, but I don't tow at all. I am just a diesel enthusiast... Oh and the power is awesome.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Has anyone had problems with any performance tunes as daily drivers? I would like todo this but nervous about it. I'm a previous 6.0 owner if that explains why I am haha. But if I were to tow I would go back to stock or a no performance tune as long as after I delete the dpf that would work... Idk if going back to stock with no dpf would be bad or not

2004 f250, dual 5" chrome stacks 285/75/16 at 10 ply, Vivian's looney (awesome) duplicolor spray bed liner on my rockers and fender lip 10" high

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,898 Posts
You can break the truck with a no power tune of you are irresponsible with it. If you are sensible with the power the truck will take care of you. These things are beasts. But you can't be stupid. As far as towing go to a tow tune (spartan had a 210, can't speak for H&S) or the non dpf low power tunes.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
CountryAggie is right, you could just use a no power setting as long as it is a dpf delete tune however you can run any power level tune as long as you are sensible about how you drive it. I daily drive the hd300 hot setting but I take it easy with it. However the power is definitely there if you need it. Even on a low power tune with the dpf deleted you will gain a noticeable amount of power.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Spartan seems to be the most power and performance but you do sacrifice a little ride quality if i remember right there is a sticky for all the 6.4 tunning options

·
Registered
94 Posts
I too am looking into H&S since I developed problems with my current tuner. Damn shame since it was flawless for about a year. It went hay-wire while I was setting some custom tunes and left me with a problem truck. Now that I was able to get my stock tunes back in I feel almost naked with out a decent tune. Oh yea regen again, Yippe!

I am now considerring the XRT vs the Minni since I still have the ability to montior all of the vitals with my past tuner. From what I can tell both have the same tuning capability with the exception of the monitor on the Minni. How are you H&S guys with the mpgs improvements and avaialbility of further custom tunes? I have seen nothing but great reports on the power.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
H&s recently came out with a custom tuning option that you can play with yourself. I think it costs an extra 200 or so but can be bought at any time. It doesn't have to be put purchased right away so you can try the h&s canned tunes and see I they work for you first.

·
Registered
68 Posts
arco- i think the tunes are pretty much the same for the mini and xrt but i dont think the xrt will tune on the fly like the mini or black maxx. just might be something to consider. i really like the shift on the fly just my .02

·
Registered
113 Posts
ive been running the spartan 275 tune for about 28,000 miles with not a single problem ...i tow a 20ft enclosed trailer with 3 big mowers in it plus everything else sometimes 4 days a week if not more..i even raced a cummins with a open trailer with 3 quads on it with the dpf on and only the 150 tune and blew his doors off ...i havent been on this forum in a while i have seen more talk about mini max h&s but the spartans never done me wrong plus spartan only is focused on ford trucks and ford only well the last time i looked anyway...but id go spartan all day

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
If you have any questions about the Spartan Phalanx, let me know! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts