Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all.. I am looking for the perfect 4" lift. I want the most suspension travel and ruggedness. I want to run 35"s and I want the wheels to travel so I can 4wheel and trail ride but at the same time use my truck as a mule. What do you all think??? I "off road" 20% of the time and am on the road the rest so road manners are important. I was thinking about a superlift... What do you all think???? :icon_ford:

·
Registered
636 Posts
I got my lift as Les Schwab. Absolutely PERFECT IMO. Tuff Country 5'' lift, Actually 4.5 but they call it 5''. Handles just like stock! Excellent quality lift.

35's on 18's:

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
If your gonna "use" it,..like actually going off-road...DR/ICON....no question.

If your gonna stay on the road,...then it doesn't matter all that much,...if ride quality isn't an issue

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Articulation is going to come from ridding the stock radius arms. that's #1 priority.But you have to get a Eye/Socket style. You're never going to flex worth a poop with stock arms. 2nd is remove the Sway bar, or use quick discos. 4" pitman arm, coils, bump stop brackets and new shocks. and longer brake lines. Brand: doesn't matter. just as long as you have the above items.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Articulation is going to come from ridding the stock radius arms. that's #1 priority.But you have to get a Eye/Socket style. You're never going to flex worth a poop with stock arms. 2nd is remove the Sway bar, or use quick discos. 4" pitman arm, coils, bump stop brackets and new shocks. and longer brake lines. Brand: doesn't matter. just as long as you have the above items.
What he said,....but I would DEFINITELY hook the sway bar back up while your on the road.....

I took mine off to test it's mannerism on the road,....never again,...cornering is a whole new experience without sway bars...lol

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
that bad w/out sways huh? I removed them off of my Toyota and never noticed they were gone.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Yeah...It was a frightening...these trucks weigh tooooo much to drive on the road without sway bars.

I took a corner that I take all the time, at the same speed I normally take it,...I thought I was going to put it on it's lid......lol

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Im in the same boat. I want a lift, but idk if its worth doing a 4" i kinda want bigger.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Im in the same boat. I want a lift, but idk if its worth doing a 4" i kinda want bigger.
If you are going to be in any off camber situations 4" is plenty. It is no fun to be in a truck with 8"s on a sidehill. Pucker factor goes up considerably. Mudbogging, pavment pounder then bigger is great. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
If you are going to be in any off camber situations 4" is plenty. It is no fun to be in a truck with 8"s on a sidehill. Pucker factor goes up considerably. Mudbogging, pavment pounder then bigger is great. Just my opinion.
I dont do to much offroading, and when i do i dont do anything major, just put around....im paranoid about hurting my truck :doh: haha

·
Registered
412 Posts
I dont do to much offroading, and when i do i dont do anything major, just put around....im paranoid about hurting my truck :doh: haha
Yea you are probably smarter than me this is what happens when you try and fit a CC longbox on a jeep trail.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
ill tell you what lift not to get. pro comp 4" I hate mine
haha dang. That was actually what i was lookin at, just cause it seems to be the cheapest. performs like the "cheapest" too?

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
As with everything else,..you get what you pay for,...cheap lift = cheap lift.

powerjunky- I know how you feel....lol..

3 foot bolder in the door,...fixed it though.

I made some rockrails so it wouldn't happen again.

well....technically...my 7 year old son and I made them......lol

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Tank you should make those rockers and sell them! cause that looks bangin! Id buy them!

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I try to make everything,...just so I can have the pride in saying.."I made it".

The reason I HAD to make them is, ....nobody makes them to work with AMP steps....there is a company that makes rockrails,...but ...they won't work with Amp steps.

My bumper and my Safari rack was another one of my challenges,...because nobody made anything I like.....so I made those too....lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts