Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
201 - 220 of 730 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
If the comment about wild heads was aimed at me, what I'm doing, the little peanut ports these have won't cut it, gonna need all the air she can handle.
What are your plans for the heads? The heads suck but there's not a whole lot there to work with. Im working on developing a port profile with a professional, slow going for right now. I'm about to put that plan in high gear, I was just going to drop some ported heads on, but I'm probably just going to build a motor, solid roller, maybe adjustable rockers, and ported heads. We'll see. I'm really anxious to see how Charlies build turns out.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Small Update:

My Riff Raff Boots showed up. They look really nice. I took a couple pictures of them. Very Happy with this purchase.

I took this picture next to the pen to show how thick they are. You can also see how many plies they use to increase strength.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
What is being cast next week is a head that is 1.39" taller with cathedral intake ports. I'm making up for width with height. The exhaust ports are big "D" shaped ports.

The big thing about going taller is I'll have to make my own oil rails, no big deal. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
What is being cast next week is a head that is 1.39" taller with cathedral intake ports. I'm making up for width with height. The exhaust ports are big "D" shaped ports.

The big thing about going taller is I'll have to make my own oil rails, no big deal. :rofl:
So... are they doing any buy one get one free deals :nod: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I highly doubt it.:rofl:

They are going to run me $3275, including valve job. Then $2500 for rockers, $300 for pushrods, the oil rails are going to run me $225. Then I have to get injector cups, etc.... Buy one get one would be nice

BTW, stainless valves are ridiculous for these trucks, not to mention graving them one off'd.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Is that 3275 each? And where were they being cast at? I'd love to see pics. Will it work with stock intake manifold? Doesn't sound like it Lol. Keep us posted. Do they have glow plug holes? If so there's a sleeve there too in the factory heads.

Oh...and if its 2500 for the harland sharp rockers...let me know, I was going to start a new thread here soon now that we're past the holidays...if we can get 3-4 people together that will purchase the harland sharp 6.0 rocker arms, they said they can get the price down to 16-1700 per set.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
No glow plugs, something else to fail.

$3275 for the pair. I wouldn't pay $6550 for 2 heads unless they brought about the second coming.

The stock intake will not work at all, just throw that in the trash where it belongs, I'm having flanges cut and making my own intake for each head. Same for headers. It's Lanam foundry btw.

Reactions: Gearhead2012

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Cool thanks David, I'll have to check em out, 3 isn't terrible, as long as it'd a decent quality casting...large chunk of money, but I think a stock set of new ford heads cost that much. Are they installing valve seat inserts, or just an integral seat? And what rockers are you using?

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Charlie you can't let this thread to get too back logged haha.

Well the only update I have is that I am waiting on a few parts (actually a lot of parts :hehe:)

Hopefully they will ship soon :poke

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Well here are some sneak pics of my ported intake manifold.

I think I have already posted this but I went with a Windrunner performance manifold (AKA WPE or ODAWG)

The communication process has been great! The product looks AWESOME! I am super excited to see how the truck likes it. It should be getting shipped very soon.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
that does look excellent!

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
In case someone cant see the pics or they don't show up well...

it is a dark wet black look with silver ribs. It is so shiny it is actually hard to tell the ribs from the shiny reflections!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
what they charge you for that thing. 1000? 1100?

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
what they charge you for that thing. 1000? 1100?
about $200-$300 less than that... also depends on if you get it coated

They are very affordable IMO compared to what I thought I was going to pay for a good manifold

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thats not bad at all less that i figured anyways.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Did he do any porting of the egr area?
I don't know the answer to this. I wont be running the egr cooler... but I wanted that little piece still in there so it "looks" closer to stock. I will put in a welded cooler if I ever fail emission.

I do know he offers to delete it

201 - 220 of 730 Posts