Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit the corner of my bumper the other day and was wo.seeing if anyone knows where to purchase the right rear side of the bumper it looks like these bumpers are three pieces mine is chrome with sensors . I have seen on ebay people selling the driver side but not the passenger side. Or if anyone has one that they are willing to sell :doh:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Pull the whole bumper off, search craigslist for a ranchhand rear bumper, put it on and back into whatever you want.

I have a RH rear bumper on my truck and backed into a water hydrant on Saturday. Hit it in reverse going about 5 mph, got out to look and found only the paint was chipped. Took some black spray paint and applied over the chipped area.

The stock bumpers practically crinkle up when barely touched. Great deals can be found on used replacement bumpers on craigslist.

·
Registered
393 Posts
There are actually several brands of replacement bumpers. Some being a pipe style and some being a sheet steel style. The majority of them come powdercoated in black when you buy them, but they can come "raw" for your own color of paint.

I would recommend any of them as they are much stronger than a factory bumper and most will allow for the truck to keep the factory receiver hitch.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
fix it or order a new part, then powder coat.....stop backing into chit....you have sensors;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually the way it got damaged was my wife decided to back the truck up with the Jet ski trailer attached and jack knifed it .........dope!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Actually the way it got damaged was my wife decided to back the truck up with the Jet ski trailer attached and jack knifed it .........dope!
Ouch, rookie.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is the rear bymper a two piece bumper....meaning a left and right seperate piece?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts