Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since ive had my truck ive noticed that the passenger side carpet under the floor mat get wet. any idea why? its always wet even if it doesnt rain. I wish i could explain it better cuz its not all wet just where the floor is flat if that makes sense?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not really. ill check it out though. im not losing coolent

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Coolant doesnt evaporate so its a very good chance it could be a small amount of leakage from antifreeze and not see it in bottle, but its builing up on the floor? :dunno:

Other thing that may happen, are you using your Air Conditioning alot? Maybe there is a way the condensation is draining into the vehicle.

From there you are probably talking a leaking windshield. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Condensation from the AC....not sure where to find it but the line has clogged or come unhooked and its dripping inside rather than under the truck.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coolant doesnt evaporate so its a very good chance it could be a small amount of leakage from antifreeze and not see it in bottle, but its builing up on the floor? :dunno:

Other thing that may happen, are you using your Air Conditioning alot? Maybe there is a way the condensation is draining into the vehicle.

From there you are probably talking a leaking windshield. :dunno:
Idk i gotta look more into it. its just moist.

i was also think A/C

No windshield is brand new!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
My mom and sister had a Jeep that did the same thing, the drain line would clog up and start pouring in the passanger side. Like they said before, its either its clogged, or come unplugged!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have had the same thing, but only after rain and when driving. Since my truck has a rubber floor mat, you could actually see the water streaming down the pass side toeboard. The water was dripping from behind the vacuum door on the firewall. I pulled the blower motor and noticed about 2" of water in the plenum box. It appears that the water was leaking from the cowl vent. We'll see if it's fixed. :please:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, there ya go... might have had a bad installation.
No cuz the guy that did it is REALLY good. i know im personally. also it did it before the new windshield.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I, too, have had this problem with my '99. It is not from the A/C. I also found that after a hard rain it would really run down the passenger side floor pan. When I left the hvac controls to heat or something other than "off" it would keep the plenum door shut and basically stop the water. This led me to the fan motor removal and the water sitting inside the housing and when dry you could see the water line from where it had done it for a while, I sealed the intake area under the window cowl but that didn't help. I eventually drilled a 1/4" hole in the bottom of the housing for the water to drain out and still keep the heater control to anything but "off" position and so far no more water in the cab and no impact on my air flow from the hvac. I never had the windshield out and I guess it is possible it is leaking there but it is odd multiple people have had the same leak in the same location and I am not sure how the windshield leaking would get water inside the housing. Let me know what you find. I posted about this probably 2 or 3 years ago with no resolution so I utilized a work around but it works!.:dunno:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have had the same thing, but only after rain and when driving. Since my truck has a rubber floor mat, you could actually see the water streaming down the pass side toeboard. The water was dripping from behind the vacuum door on the firewall. I pulled the blower motor and noticed about 2" of water in the plenum box. It appears that the water was leaking from the cowl vent. We'll see if it's fixed. :please:
By the way the intake cowl area is a pain in the a$%* to access (I attempted it and the leak continued) and with that being said how did you go about accessing/sealing/fixing that?
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
By the way the intake cowl area is a pain in the a$%* to access (I attempted it and the leak continued) and with that being said how did you go about accessing/sealing/fixing that?
Thanks!!!
I took a 4" angle grinder to it! I opened up the factory access hole on the cowl so I could access all sides of the vent. Next, I sealed the piss out of the vent. Lastly, I made a new cover for my "new" access hole.

When I inspected the vent, I noticed that the factory caulk was deteriorating and seeping. I haven't had any leaking issues yet, so it appears to be fixed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
By chance do you have any pics of your vent area mod? Thanks!! I may need to try that route but would like to see exactly what you did.

·
Registered
161 Posts
By chance do you have any pics of your vent area mod? Thanks!! I may need to try that route but would like to see exactly what you did.
I'll try to get a few pics on Monday. I've been out of town the last three-days.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing that too. Somehow water got in my pass side kick panel and took out my Park Aid module.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!
Uh, ya. Well, after three rain storms and no leak, it started leaking again. I must have gotten the majority of the leak, but not all of it. Final solution - removed fenderwell cover and drilled a hold in the bottom of the box. Water ran out. Problem solved, though not as elegantly as I had wished...:dunno:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Uh, ya. Well, after three rain storms and no leak, it started leaking again. I must have gotten the majority of the leak, but not all of it. Final solution - removed fenderwell cover and drilled a hold in the bottom of the box. Water ran out. Problem solved, though not as elegantly as I had wished...:dunno:
Oh well.......join the "drill hole in box" club. I am amazed this is not been remedied by someone somewhere??!!! Any chance the windshield could leak and somehow channel water to the box? Considering where the water stands I do not see how it could get there from the windshield but then I am out of ideas since we have both sealed the cowl area. Guess the work around is better than a wet floorbaord.:crazy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts