Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 6.0 and to me; it's the best diesel ever. This comes as no real surprise, but lately I have noticed some parts you just cannot get new anymore (and again...as to be expected by Ford...it's not like they can make parts for an old truck like this forever).

Parts I can no longer find new anymore (even on eBay):
Switch Assembly - Steering Wheel, 5C3Z-9C888-CAA
Switch Assembly - Steering Wheel, 5C3Z-9C888-BAA
Visor Assembly - Sun, Light Flint, LH, 4C3Z-2604105-DAD
Ford Relay, 4x4, foab-14b192-aa
Ford 4WD Actuator, 7C3Z-9H465-A (VERY hard to find...the Ford OEM part)

What other NEW, OEM parts for the 6.0 are gone or near-gone?

·
Administrator
21,600 Posts
NEW OEM parts will eventually be gone.

Take off parts and new old stock will always be around.
this is where eBay and forums are handy.
@fordsvtparts

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
I love my 6.0 and to me; it's the best diesel ever. This comes as no real surprise, but lately I have noticed some parts you just cannot get new anymore (and again...as to be expected by Ford...it's not like they can make parts for an old truck like this forever).

Parts I can no longer find new anymore (even on eBay):
Switch Assembly - Steering Wheel, 5C3Z-9C888-CAA
Switch Assembly - Steering Wheel, 5C3Z-9C888-BAA
Visor Assembly - Sun, Light Flint, LH, 4C3Z-2604105-DAD
Ford Relay, 4x4, foab-14b192-aa
Ford 4WD Actuator, 7C3Z-9H465-A (VERY hard to find...the Ford OEM part)

What other NEW, OEM parts for the 6.0 are gone or near-gone?
The steering wheel switches and visor will be tough to find. The interior parts are first to be discontinued, and the steering wheel switches are simply not the common ones found on many of these trucks.

The relays are actually incredibly common on the older vehicles. The latest and greatest number is 5M5Z-14N089-A. MSRP is only $3.18. They're readily available from us or any other Ford dealer.
The 4WD valve is also a very popular part. It's no where close to discontinued, but has been on a perpetual backorder from Ford due to some supplier issues.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Some parts are just going to be hard to find but with as many of these trucks as there are out there I'm thinking we're good for most things for a while yet.

k

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Posting the updated relay part number is very helpful. I know there are a ton of non-Ford venders out there and they are appreciated (without them my '66 Ford Galaxy 500 XL would be OOC) - but I'm a bit of a purest and buy Ford OEM parts first...unless it's just obvious the Ford suppled part is inferior.

I purchased my 6.0 about a year ago - and over the last year I have been working to get the truck back to 'factory-day new' (some people have issues - I know - why would a person do this??? :)). And I do this on a truck I drive over 5k miles on a month (to/from Western NC to Washington DC every week).

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
The steering wheel switches and visor will be tough to find. The interior parts are first to be discontinued, and the steering wheel switches are simply not the common ones found on many of these trucks.

The relays are actually incredibly common on the older vehicles. The latest and greatest number is 5M5Z-14N089-A. MSRP is only $3.18. They're readily available from us or any other Ford dealer.
The 4WD valve is also a very popular part. It's no where close to discontinued, but has been on a perpetual backorder from Ford due to some supplier issues.
I tried 6 of these, 4 of which were Doorman, the other 2 were unidentified -- all of them failed to hold vacuum on the pump side, except the OEM Ford one from you guys
Tested with a hand pump vacuum tool -- the new "faulty" ones caused the truck vacuum pump to run all the time

Reactions: fordsvtparts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts