Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone who has had a 6.7L apart recognize these? Found them in my oil pan (not the engine oil pan) after I did my oil change. 73K miles on motor, I did not notice any change in performance or noise. Looks like the round piece pressed the washers on to something.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Found them in the drain pan????

If that's the case, first thought is that they were already in your drain pan.

To me, that's a bolt with a washer someone used a abrasive cut off wheel to cut.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Are you the original owner? If not, have an oasis run to determine what repairs were made. As said above, looks like someone used a cut off wheel on a broken bolt. Maybe the report will shed some light but pretty piss poor workmanship allowing those pieces to fall into the motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do have heat markings like it is from a cut off wheel but I originally thought that was from grinding around in the motor. Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like some type of pressed stud that held these washers to something and then sheared off, then possible causing the heat and grinding like marks. Theory only!

I have owned the truck since new and have always done the oil changes myself. It was to the dealer for a transmission leak under warranty but that was the only power-train service. These came out the drain plug when I did the oil change, have not dropped the pan yet. Who knows maybe I should drop it and see if there are any bigger parts in there but it just got clean T6.

·
"RLTW" Tennessee
989 Posts
I don't think those would have gone through the drain hole in the oil pan. Those were in your drain pan before.
I concur... the only bolt and washer that is small enough to make it through would be the oil pick bolts and washers. If Im not mistake they are 5 mm

Reactions: HeavyAssault
1 - 6 of 6 Posts