Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out of work today, scraped the ice off my windshield, jumped in the truck and the parking brake light was on and not turning off. Pressed the pedal down at various speeds and pulled up on the brake release. It won't shut off.

Can't find any threads or videos on the subject for the 2011-2016 trucks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Use your hand to push the pedal all the way up. I bet it’s stopping just shy of the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine does the same as Jav_eee. Hold handle out with one hand and pull up pedal with other <1/8" of travel. Mine seems to do it when it is cold. I'm guessing it is a lubrication issue in the pedal pivot pin.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I’ve had this same issue since day one of ownership, I even bought a new OEM sensor and replaced it and the flat part on the pedal that contacts the sensor doesn’t push it in all the way that’s why you have to pull it up with your hand and it will make contact and turn off but mine wouldn’t work even with the new sensor, it’s like it’s clocked at the wrong angle. I even tried adding a vacuum line cap to the end of it to “extend” the push button on the sensor in hopes it would make contact better and it just pushed it off, so I gave up and removed it all together so now I just always make sure I check to “undo” my parking brake when I drive my truck. Would love to get this fixed though so if anyone has a fix or solution please report back!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks, same thing fixed mine.... Pull the release handle, and pull the pedal up at the same time... just pulling up on the pedal alone doesn't clear it... Dumb...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts