Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inoticed that when i was parked on a hill and put truck in nuetral and put on the park break it did not engage is there a way to tighten the cable? the breaks pads are new so dont think that is the problem thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
the parking brake does not use the rear pads to engage it. It uses shoes just like a drum brake setup. the shoes are inside the rotor (it is more like a rotor/drum). You can adjust these just as you would any drum brakes. with the parking brake released use a flathead screwdriver or a brake spoon and turn the adjuster. There is a small oval shaped opening on the bottom of the backing plate on each side.

It helps if you have the back in the air so you know you are not tightening them too much..

·
Super Moderator
19,478 Posts
When it dries out around here, that's on the list of stuff to do. Mine's holding, but the pedal's getting closer to the floor. Thanks MrJohnWayne for the tip on the procedure!!!

That's what it's all about - People helping people!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Would you have pictures of these screws because i am unsure where they are thanks
Geoff

·
Registered
241 Posts
thank you:thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
sorry it took me so long

here is a picture of the adjustment slot

you can use a screwdriver to adjust it. you'll see the "star" adjuster and I do not remember if it is up or down to tighten but if you have the back wheels off the ground you will feel it start to get tight. back it off until you no longer feel drag, then 4 or 5 more clicks then you can test the pedal.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thank you:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts