Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking and seen I had some old PMs from earlier this year the end of last year where some members were curious about what happened to the parallel turbo project I built a few years ago.

That original project is long gone but here are some vids of the new project we put together this month.:icon_ford:

YouTube - First Parallel Turbo 7.3 Power Stroke in Truck

YouTube - First Parallel Turbo 7.3 Power Stroke in Truck #2

YouTube - Parallel Turbo 7.3 Power Stroke Sled Pull

YouTube - Parellel Turbo 7.3 Power Stroke Drag Strip

·
Registered
699 Posts
bad A
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
i like the idea but man that has to be the goofiest lookin setup for exhaust i have ever seen haha..........:thumb:

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
Had me going there with that 3rd stack :hehe:

you'll probably catch alot of crap on here for this, these turbo threads always turn into a pissing match. Don't let it get ya down :thumb:

·
Registered
402 Posts
subscribed cant wait to see a reall pull and a full quarter mile:icon_ford:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i like the idea but man that has to be the goofiest lookin setup for exhaust i have ever seen haha..........:thumb:
Oh trust me I thought it was pretty goofy too when I first got it together. But it is unbelievable the response I have gotten from people at the drag strip and the pulls. People surround the truck and everyone goes on about how mean it looks.

I am thinking about cutting all the stacks down to where they are shorter as I really think they are too tall. But I am also toying with doing away with the intake stack and puttin a pro-stock hood scoop on it.:thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had me going there with that 3rd stack :hehe:

you'll probably catch alot of crap on here for this, these turbo threads always turn into a pissing match. Don't let it get ya down :thumb:

That third stack really messes with people's heads.:hehe:

I won't get into pissing matches anymore over this type of turbo setup. People's opinions are great but if they have not personally tried it then they are still nothing but opinions.:thumb:

·
Registered
289 Posts
That thing looks way cool with the smoke coming out of those stacks!

Thats my goal if reality ever catches up with dreaming!:rofl:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
thats pretty slick!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here you go guys. After working the past two weeks to try and get all the little bugs worked out we drove 2 hours tonight to hook this thing to the sled hoping I could actually see some kind results with a first full run.

As you can see in the video everything actually worked out this time and I did not any issues to end my run short.

I pulled exhibition only but they had me pull the same weight as the 8500lb diesel class which was all Dodges. The first place winner pulled 292ft and it was a hot crew cab dually that was hauled in on a trailer with weights hanging on the front end to weigh in at the 8500lb limit.

My weight bracket was not done yet so I weighed in at around 6400lb and I pulled 283ft.

We have been having issues with the fuel pressure dropping to 0psi so we made some changes on the setup last night. We also just got the Stealth HPOP put back in last night after doing a little tweaking there also. So there was still lots of air in the systems which you can tell in the video from all the cutting out but towards the end of the pull it was finally clearing out.

Anyways here is the video.

YouTube - Parallel Turbo 7.3L Sled Pulling

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I see flamethrowers in that vid! :liar:

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
It almost seems the turbos are not lighting... I may be wrong, but maybe a longer start up before the pull would be better. What tuning are you using?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It almost seems the turbos are not lighting... I may be wrong, but maybe a longer start up before the pull would be better. What tuning are you using?

Umm why would you think the turbos were not lighting?? If 50+psi of boost it not lighting then I will most likely grenade the block and turbos when they do...:hehe:

You can watch the vid and tell exactly when they light.

I did not brake boost it this time at all. I am planning to put a stall convertor in when we pull the engine out for the winter rebuild.

The only issues with that pull I think was air in fuel and HPO system since it all was just put back together and had been ran long enuff to load and unload and drive onto the track. You can see right at the end of the pull it was finally clearing out.

Of coarse it bounced off the rev limiter a few time which we are going to have to raise.

We program our own chips with custom programming Bill at PHP builds for me. We are planning a dyno day at my shop some time in October and Bill is coming up for the weekend to do live tuning after hours on this truck. He is dieing to get his hands on it so he can tune out all the little bugs.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I didnt mean to say nothing bad man. Im just way wrong i guess.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didnt mean to say nothing bad man. Im just way wrong i guess.
You did not say anything wrong at all...:thumb:

You just can't tell a whole lot with it bouncing of the rev limiter and cutting out from air in the system.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I see. Im still learning a lot. Where you from again?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very nice, I think you would do better with a handsome driver such as myself. Call anytime, I'd be more than happy to pull for you. haha jk Give it a little more time and she'll have that sled hydroplaning across their haha :icon_ford:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I was gonna say you outa come up here to Scheids this weekend:thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was gonna say you outa come up here to Scheids this weekend:thumb:
Not going to make it this year. But I have plans to make alot more events next year once we have the truck the way I want it.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts