Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the small panel where the buttons for the seat memory and the power mirrors supposed to be lit?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
The buttons 1 and 2 are the memory buttons. you can program two keys. For each key, hold the button down till it beeps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Larry, thanks. Im aware of what the buttons do and how they operate. The question I'm asking is if the controls in the panel shown are backlit during operation of park/headlights

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a way to back light it if the panel isnt backlit? Do the newer trucks have this panel and it backlit?

·
Registered
137 Posts
They do not appear to be backlit on my Platinum. Are you having to constantly adjust the settings? Why do you want them backlit?

·
Super Moderator
9,307 Posts
You would need to source buttons that support the lighted featured. If not that then you would need to modify the existing buttons with a LED or bulb. Doesn't seem like it's a worthwhile endeavor to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys! I was just curious if they were backlit as a standard (and mine wasn't) or if it was a non lit panel. I'm not interested in trying to modify it to be backlit, but it would be convenient to see the controls without having to hit the dome to see what youre doing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The memory buttons on the wife's 16 Exploder are lit - but they are next to the lock/unlock buttons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts