Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well no one is buyin it so i figure im gonna make it a truck i can keep and be happy with.......

i decided i dont want it to be this red anymore.......i just dont like it......i dont know what color to make it tho.....i almost thought IH red.......but i dont really like red anymore......so im thinkin maybe dodge silver.....or black or that ford midnight blue color...... what do you think.....

also how long do you think it will take.....i have a few professional guns to do it.......a couple of guys to help.......

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nahhh i looked it over with my buddies that are gonna help and we figure about an hour maybe alittle more.....im not cuttin and weldin it im using foam....my buddy did it on his dodge and its still holdin up like 5 years later....

·
Registered
736 Posts
you mine as well fix it right if you are keeping it though.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no not me......id rather do it so it wont rust again......my buddy wants to rhino line the whole truck haha...........:doh:

·
Registered
736 Posts
ok just make sure you get all the rot off before it gets covered. Where is the rust anyway?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right around the chrome fender wells.......around 3 of the tires.......and right behind the driverside front tire rocker pannel......b.c of that chrome sh!t....

·
Registered
736 Posts
Extender flares with 40 should fix it

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i dont really like those flares.....i like the chrome i have around there now.....

·
Registered
736 Posts
im just bustin ya. i do like the obs

·
Registered
429 Posts
the truck would look pretty good in silver or black :thumb: have you thought of two toning it?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i vote jet black.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha i got 1 couzin thats wants me to paint it silver like his 02 cummins

another cuz wants me to paint it light blue like his 96 cummins

and diff couzin wants it flat black..........:doh::hehe:

idk im gonna talk to the ones with the cummins tonight at a truck pull..........

an no i dont do 2 tone.........just not my style.........

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
My .02 is to cut out the rust and atleast use duraglass to fill in. I am not familier with this foam you are talking. As for the color a real dark grey almost black but not.:nod:

2,850 Posts
I think it would look good silver. I would take time to do it the right way though and take care of the rust. A few years from now you might have wished you did it right.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its just a spray foam......you spray it in and it gets huge real fast so it fills in holes then you just take sand paper and form it........looks good as new.....the type we used on the other truck was RightStuff filler..........i love rightstuff......i use thier sylicone for intake gaskets on cars..........

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think it would look good silver. I would take time to do it the right way though and take care of the rust. A few years from now you might have wished you did it right.
the other truck had it done atleast 5 years ago and its one of the most solid parts on the truck.....it works great.......we've done it.....i forgot till i was lookin for a tractor earlier we used it to patch a hole in my buddies dads IH Magnum tractor when my buddy his a tree.......his dad didnt even know until we told..........looks good and holds up better then bondo......

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You should cut it out and replace it and do it the right away... We only spent 40 hours on my truck from day 1 to being painted and we cut out both cab corners and custom made new ones and welded, fiberglassed, and bondo'd them in. But we fixed every little dent, debadged the whole truck and welded up alignment holes, and a bunch of other little things. Trust me, spend the extra time now than regret it later.

2,850 Posts
You should cut it out and replace it and do it the right away... We only spent 40 hours on my truck from day 1 to being painted and we cut out both cab corners and custom made new ones and welded, fiberglassed, and bondo'd them in. But we fixed every little dent, debadged the whole truck and welded up alignment holes, and a bunch of other little things. Trust me, spend the extra time now than regret it later.
I agree 100%

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know that works for some ppl i just dont want to do it that way......i could i had to on many tractors......and a dodge.....and my old chevy i did the cab corners in.......did them right.......i justwant to try this.......i mean the truck has 309,000 miles on it......im not worried if it doesnt work....i can always cut it out and redo it when i have the time and money....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts