Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone painted their stock rims black? could anyone put some pictures up so i could see how it would look. my stocks are pitting and scratched so i figured maybe use black plasti-dip paint on them so i could just peel off the coating if i had to

·
Registered
145 Posts
Please go do your rims with plasti-dip so I can see them. Can you leave the center caps chrome though. I want to see how they look.:D

·
Registered
195 Posts
I dont know what the last guy is talking about ??? but I did sell my old 16" rims to a guy that restored them and they looked great. They were the stock 99.5 aluminum 16" ones with the holes.I think he took off the protective clear coat and resurfaced them and re-clear coated them and they looked great.So I cant see why you cant do the same thing and just tint the clear coat to the color you want.If not there is always powder coating in any color your want.I'm not a pro but I hope this helps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Has anyone painted their stock rims black? could anyone put some pictures up so i could see how it would look. my stocks are pitting and scratched so i figured maybe use black plasti-dip paint on them so i could just peel off the coating if i had to
I went ahead and did it just so you could see. I kinda like it...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts