Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone attempted to paint their Ford hood and tailgate ovals? I really want to paint mine black to match my truck and really can't find a specific forum on how to do it. I figured out how to take the emblems off but just don't know if anyone has experience on where to go from there. I KNOW someone has to have tried this. Trying to avoid spending 40-50 bucks a piece for these. Seems a lot simpler and cheaper to just paint them! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I plasti-dipped my tailgate emblem and handle white to match my truck. Only did the tailgate to test out how much I liked it. I did a quick (poor) job and haven't hit it with glossifier, so it still has a matte finish.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you take a knife and carve around the Ford emblem and peel that off so the chrome shows through or would that not work?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Patriot Decals is no longer in business, but I had ordered a gray oval decal to place over mine then had a local sticker shop make me the super duty decal. I may have an extra oval to get dimensions from

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts
you used to be able tto remove the emblem, throw them in boiling water and the enblem would seperate, then remove the blue from the backside, paint whatever color you like, then reassemble them. IDK if you can still do that or not... I might have to give it a whirl when i get home from deployment...

·
Registered
640 Posts
I found it much easier to just buy stick on replacements with whatever design I wanted.

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts
I am really thinking of having one of those billet badges emblems made for me, more specifically this one with a white oval to blend into my grille

Attachments

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I bought the 12 dollar overlays off eBay. They look awesome and you can't beat it. They are good quality vinyl. One I even stuck it on crooked and peeled it back off and re applied thinking I screwed it up and it still looks perfect. After I installed them I read the instructions :rofl: and it says you can re-apply them if you mess up. Here's what they look like on my truck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts