Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious is anyone has ever done this and if not, do you think Caliper Paint would be good enough b/c of the heat our engines produce. Trying to make my engine nice and perty lol

·
Diesel Mechanic Poser
136 Posts
Yes. I get good results with the rustoleum high heat paint - the one with the picture of a grill on it. I dont paint the block, heads, or exhaust with it, though. I used the silver and it really ties the engine compartment together. Save those extra $$ to help buy something else you want.

I probably dont have to mention this, but take the tubes out, clean them and paint them on a stick or hang them up. I knew this guy a long time ago that painted a bracket while it was on the car and held some cardboard to block the overspray. Yep....orange....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew this guy a long time ago that painted a bracket while it was on the car and held some cardboard to block the overspray. Yep....orange....
lol, ya I would take the tubes out

appreciate the input lumberg, ya I was thinking of doing silver myself or maybe red ? idk i'll take some pics when im decide and im done with it

·
Diesel Mechanic Poser
136 Posts
It sounds like the red would really pop. It might even go with the Powerstroke logo on the fan shroud. Ive got blue boots, so I figured Id play it cool with the silver (Oh, I didnt pait my awesome black plastic tube though)

Mine looks stock with the silver, so Id love to see what sort of custom look you end up with.

·
Administrator
30,457 Posts
the black plastic tube can be replaced with an earlier steel version

I don't think I would paint where the boot is going to seat myself ?

·
Diesel is Power!!!
194 Posts
I had mine powder-coated (bright orange). Word to the wise don't paint the ends that the boots slip over. I had my boots blow off 4 times until I sanded the ends down for grip. Also powder-coated the intake side of my turbo. :thumb:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts