Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to finally crack the headlights open and paint them. Ended up going with black and then night shading the reflector and then clearing both pieces. I think it turned out decently well!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
that does look pretty good it reminds me of harley lights on the 6.0 models

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Did you have to heat the headlights up to get them open?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys, really glad i did them myself as well, definitely didnt want to pay the prices i have seen some headlights for the 250's go for.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Did you heat it in an oven or use a heat gun?

·
Registered
113 Posts
thats a sweet look, ive been putting off cracking mine open for a while because i may just get aftermarket lights. but i think ill do this for now, its mean.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I have aftermarket Harley type headlights on my '05 and while they look exactly like OEM I found that they can only be aimed properly if you trim the mounting tabs plus they pit WAY more easily then OEM ones do. Never again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
thats a sweet look, ive been putting off cracking mine open for a while because i may just get aftermarket lights. but i think ill do this for now, its mean.
I was in the same boat as you i couldn't decide if i wanted to buy aftermarket headlights or paint the ones i had an im glad i painted the ones i had. I think with two different colors of paint and cauk it only cost me around 30$.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts