Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored this last weekend and decided to dress up my truck a bit. I didn't like the crappy gray color on the inner part of the grille so i painted it to match my truck. The difference is pretty subtle, but people that know these trucks would notice the difference. Its hard to tell from the pics but my truck is black. First one looks white:)

What do you guys think? I like it.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Looks really good imo. Was considering doing the same to mine (grey though), but I was planning on painting everything except the blue oval. After seeing yours, I may just paint the same areas and leave the chrome alone.

·
Registered
230 Posts
looks sweet man :thumb:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now i just need to paint the lower plastic piece of the bumper. Whats that called, the air dam?

·
Registered
230 Posts
yeah but thats gona be alot of sanding on that thing..unless you can just prime and paint :dunno:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
looks really good! Im planning on doing something along those lines. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Lookin real good!

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
My 01 had the chrome cross bars. I actually taped all the chrome off and painted the inner black part. It just makes the truck look new again. Nice job!

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks really good! Im planning on doing something along those lines. Any advice?
Take your time when you mask it off, the curves are kind of a pain. Lightly sand it, clean it, make sure there is no dust or water on it. Prime then paint. Spray the paint in real thin layers to prevent runs. Peel the tape straight back, not up. You want the back sides of the tape touching or almost touching as you peel it back. Then your done.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
That looks real nice! you did a real good job!

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Looks great man, new mod to do this weekend!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks good man.. I have done all of my plastic; mirrors, front valance, rear bumper plastic, rear lights, 3rd brake light, etc. the front bumper was the most difficult, you definately need a good buddy to help ya take it off and put it back on.. I used 1000 grit sand paper, then PrepSol to clean it well. Then a Palstic Primer by Krylon, and last there Plastic Paint it has worked very well for me, 3yrs later and 40,000 miles with everything painted, I figure its not to bad for about $50.00 and sum weekends.. Nice job though take your time, you'll get out of it what you put into it..

·
Registered
738 Posts
looks great...good job....

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
I just wanna say Hank, I love your dang truck man. Its awesome! :thumb:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Thanks Buddy!!! She is better, although sleeping still poses some issues as the nightmares continue. I wish your wife all the best, and will continue with my prayers for you and her. I cant wait to meet you(and the other Carolinians) at our first CPA Meet!! Or sooner if you'd like. Keep me up on your wifes surgery and conditions. As of right now, I don't need you to climb the grade, but, if I need to come down the grade, don't hesitate to ask bro!!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks real good! I agree with you, paint up the lower valance to match. In fact I would do the same with all the trim pieces, especially the trim that runs along the top of the bedrails. There was another post about a week ago in which the guys painted their trim peices and door handles up with black fusion paint. I actually looked pretty good. One of the trucks was black like yours and turned out awesome. He even painted the trim piece that goes between the hood and front windshield. I'm going to do the same thing with mine when I get time.

Chris

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Good Job!! Nice Fresh Look!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts