Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 F250 with the 6.0 and I just changed the icp and harness and now the truck is popping a p2290 again and has no power. The truck ran fine before I changed the sensor but now its gutless. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2003 F250 with the 6.0 and I just changed the icp and harness and now the truck is popping a p2290 again and has no power. The truck ran fine before I changed the sensor but now its gutless. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?
The problem may have not been the injector control pressure sensor but may be a possible high pressure oil leak, ipr, or high pressure pump. If u r not getting the proper oil pressure to the injectors its going to cause performance problems. P2299 is a dtc for injector control pressure low.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the code first popped a couple months ago I started looking at the sensor and it was leaking oil and when I replaced it there was oil in the connector and pig tail. Its popping a p2290 now not a p2299. How would I go about checking the oil pressure to the injectors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry I ment 2290. U could use a scan tool that commands the ipr to close completely and blow compressed air to the high pressure rails with a fitting that attaches to the rails and u check to see if air leaks through the high pressure branches or any of the seals it has.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts