Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on the forum so ill try to make this as clear as possible!
So I bought my 2009 F250 about 6 months ago and it has been a good learning curve for me. After replacing a few different things under the hood (some of which were pretty costly) I deleted and tuned the truck. With significant improvements in fuel mileage, power, and overall health of the engine, i have been very happy. I went ahead and ordered Gearhead Custom tunes for my LiveWire. Since the first day i got the truck back from the guys who did the deletes and loaded on the tunes, the shift points have been a bit off. Ive talked to multiple people about this and have come to the conclusion that firm shifting is actually better for the transmission. Long story short, ive driven it the whole time on the same tune, its worked well for me, but the shift points are getting really annoying to ride with especially for passengers! Over time i had many different codes arise and i took care of them in a reasonable time. The only code that i have left right now is the one that has given me one of the worst times trying to figure out. P174E. I finally found a good thread about changing the Revs/Mile to help the shift points get to where they need to be since i upgraded from 33's to 35's, and this has helped. After spending about 6 hours total messing with this, it is as good as i can get it without manually setting every gear. This code has shorted my power by a good percentage so far, and i think it is getting worse. The transmission is in great shape, but it is barely shifting through the gears with the low power. Im not getting terribly low boost, but it is low enough to where i can hear the engine doing a lot of the work. It is driveable, but the first 3 gears are very sluggish, slower acceleration than normal, sloppy shifting. Has anyone else ran into this code? Any help would be appreciated, many of the codes ive fixed by simply replacing/cleaning sensors, switches, small stuff. I wouldnt ask for help on this one if i knew how to figure it out alone. As this is my primary truck for work, i want to get this handled as soon as i can. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts