Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 01 7.3 Dually with 300k on it a couple months ago. When I test drove it, it drove great. no service engine lights or any others. after a week it started throwing a 1747 along with firm shifting and reduced engine power. it wants to top speed out at about 50 mph and hills are a struggle. This is an intermitten issue. sometimes it drives fine all day long and sometimes it acts up from the time I try to get going doesn't matter if its cold or warmed up the issue come and goes reguardless of temperature. I pulled the trans harness out and check all connections and checked resistance through the entire harness and it all checks out. Then I thought maybe the solenoid pack is failing, so I took it to a well trusted trans shop and had them test it and check all the valves while its opened up. It needed fresh fluids and filter anyway. They called and the trans internals are still all in great working order. nothing wrong with transmission or trans harness. I came back to the pcm and looked over the connector and that's fine. pulled the PCM out and opened 'er up and no obvious burn spots anywhere still looks good. where do I go to next? I've read lots of forums on this same issue and I still haven't found any good quality answers other than the possible outcome of replacing the PCM and seeing if that solves my issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.