Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting code P132B on my truck. Im reading it through my Insight Pro CTS 2. What does this code mean?

·
Administrator
21,724 Posts

·
Administrator
21,724 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So with the P0603 some threads say it could be caused by a programmer. I have a Edge Insight Pro. This has no tunes on it, its only for monitoring. Is the truck seeing something plugged into the OBDII port and throwing this code?

Also when I bought the truck I had to jump it off. That was the end of August and they have been fine since. I say fine, they have cranked the truck up since August with no strain.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And back to the P132B code. Should I have the turbo cleaned by a professional (not me)? Do you feel this is a good maintenance item to do on a truck that is 13 years old but with only 37,770 miles on it?

Sorry for all the responses on here. I should have done them all on one group.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
And back to the P132B code. Should I have the turbo cleaned by a professional (not me)? Do you feel this is a good maintenance item to do on a truck that is 13 years old but with only 37,770 miles on it?

With not even 38K miles in 13 years, I'll put money on that it's seized due to sitting around a lot, 6.0s don't like to sit around.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What amount of boost should I be getting? Normal driving with out having my foot in it hard i get 3-5 pounds of boost. The turbo seems to spool up normal. I do think I have a leak in the Y pipe. Im getting an exhaust smell in the cab with the heat on and I have been told it may be the Y pipe that has split. Could this be throwing this code?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea I was getting the 132B code( alsoP0401) with exhaust smell in the cab every time I ran the fan/heat. When I ran AC Max it didn't suck in the exhaust from the outside. I had to get it fixed since I live in Awesome Calif. and smog was due in a 2 weeks. It turned out my Y-pipe was cracked and my turbo vanes were stuck. Had no choice but to pay to have it fixed. Mechanic had to take the turbo off to get to the y-pipe and serviced the turbo. It hurt to pay the bill, but no codes and no smell. Also bought the Insight Pro CTS 2 and watched it on my trip going to Vegas, everything looked good.
Truck is 12 years old with 58K on it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts

Oh man....that is a horrible, terrible, awful code. I'll be glad to take that 38k mile truck with that nasty code off your hands. :poke

But if you don't want to sell me your truck on the cheap, cleaning the turbo is something you can do yourself fairly easily. There are posts on this site plus you can get videos off the web. I like the videos by Diesel Tech Ron such as this one on turbo removal:

I just cleaned mine for the first time a few months back. I took my time....and it was really very straight forward. The cleaning of the unison ring and related parts was super easy with a dremel tool and brass brushes.

Reactions: Beerbait
1 - 11 of 11 Posts