Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i got the codes checked out and this is what it i came up with is p1316. so i went to the ford house and they said they couldnt use the big computer cause i have to much done. So where would be a good place to start with this thing?? Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
957 Posts
You need to do an injector buzz test if you have not already, can you post a little more info, symptoms, misfire?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to do an injector buzz test if you have not already, can you post a little more info, symptoms, misfire?
Ok it idels a little rough, when you go to take off it is real sluggish and rough like it is missin. Then when you get into it a little more it gets some what better. We just put the stage 2 sticks in about 2 weeks ago, along with the GTP38R. So I went to the ford house yesterday after i found out about the p1316 code to get a buzz test done but they said they coudnt do it because i have to mush done to the truck and the computer will not read it. :dunno: I dont know if thats going to help at all but thanks for the reply man!!:thumb:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hmmm, Can you pull the tune out of it, or remove the chip? I've never had any problems running self test's on a tuned truck. I'm assuming the ford store is a ford dealership? most good aftermarket shops that work on lots of PSD's have spare pcm/idm's for testing purposes.

dumb question, this truck is not in Iraq is it? LOL!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, Can you pull the tune out of it, or remove the chip? I've never had any problems running self test's on a tuned truck. I'm assuming the ford store is a ford dealership? most good aftermarket shops that work on lots of PSD's have spare pcm/idm's for testing purposes.

dumb question, this truck is not in Iraq is it? LOL!
Ha ha I guess i need to update tt huh:doh:. Nah man we just got back not to long ago im back home in texas now lol. But i have something new that i found out this morning when i started the truck this morning the CEL was off and the truck ran great.:dunno: Then i got to work and was sittin in the parkin lot letting it idel then the CEL came back on and started running like crap agin. I found a shop that will test i just have to wait til next week to do it unless i get it figured out first lol.:thumb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bump::bump::bump:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Did you upgrade to bigger oil?

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
Shouldn't need oil with 2's should you?

If you're gettin an IDM code after an injector install, I'd think that either the old IDM don't like the new sticks, or something electrical didn't get put back like it shoulda.

Either way, sounds electrical if it comes and goes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shouldn't need oil with 2's should you?

If you're gettin an IDM code after an injector install, I'd think that either the old IDM don't like the new sticks, or something electrical didn't get put back like it shoulda.

Either way, sounds electrical if it comes and goes.
Hmmm well i found an IDM for 250 and if that does not fix it i can take it back so I think i going to do some lookin on the electrical and try that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Could be under cover wire harnesses. Mine had that code and the harnesses were the problem.

Quote from the Ford Tech Page
"P1316 = Indicates that IDM DTCs are stored within the IDM"

:bump:

Also had the same problem with it being intermitent. Sometimes it ran fine then all of a sudden it would start missing.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I get hpo codes with my dp tuner on my early 99

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok guys went and got the Buzz test done yesterday and it showed 2,4 and the contri. test showed the same. So i pulled the valve cover last night and found the problem the clip had came undone so as soon as i can go get one today ill have her fixed. Thanks for all the help guys.:icon_ford::thumb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
:woot: Glad to see you found it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts