Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done multiple searches and have found a bunch of troubleshooting info. however, there is still no result.

situation: The transmission was replaced due to roasting the original 5r110. The replacement trans was made in DEC of 2004 I also replaced the converter with a reman. The truck is a 2006 F350 6.0 4x4 with DRW. the tires are 35's with wheel spacers, it has 175000 on the ticker.

Problems: The newer trans has been throwing the P0741 and P1744 codes which from what I have found are the torque converter codes. I have noticed that the converter will lock when the vehicle is cool but once the trans gets to 155 or above the converter will not lock in higher gear or cruse. I have tried different tunes and they all have the same result.

I have checked the tans harness at the trans no bent pins. I ohm'd the wire today and no issue. I will drop the pan tomorrow to see if the TCC is the issue but it worked fine in the previous vehicle.

Anyone have anymore ideas?

·
Premium Member
22,916 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, drained and dropped the pan switched out the TCC selinoid. Now there is only one code which is the p1744. I'm about to drop the trans again and try another converter.

Anyone have any ideas on what else it could be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts