Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 F-350 (SRW if it matters) with just over 300,000 miles. Every so often, I get messages to 'service advance trac', as well as lights indicating there are ABS and Tracton Control issues. Not always...but sometimes, a P0500 code is thrown. Then...everything clears as if all is well. It seems as all goes wrong when I'm turning...or go over a bump. When things clear is anyone's guess (no consistency).

Thoughts? Anything will be very much appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So...I took the truck into Ford this morning...problem fixed....it was a chaffed wire. Check out the pic. I'm not sure I would have found this... I've never had an issue like this before. Then again, the truck does have over 300,000 miles...I guess things like this are going to happen. :)
Frayed_Wire.jpg
300000.jpg

:)
Frayed_Wire.jpg
Frayed_Wire.jpg

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Glad they were able to find it. Looking at videos, seems like a lot of the wiring is in tight places on 6.7s that cause chafe issues.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad they were able to find it. Looking at videos, seems like a lot of the wiring is in tight places on 6.7s that cause chafe issues.
Me too. Yes...things are tight. I'm not sure what the wire chaffed on...the dealer didn't share this with me....but they did find it fairly quickly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was it the wire loom near the parking break?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was behind the front left wheel well cover. I think they had to remove it to get to the wiring harness. Service writer didn't know, and I couldn't talk to the tech.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts