Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone!

I have another problem, (they just don't seem to stop), Cylinder # 6 reports Misfire P0306 But if I erase the code after it is warmed up, the misfire will go away. Is this bad injector or maybe just dirty? I'm going to dump some cleaner in today, Ill give it a double dose & see what happens.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Either it is the injector or lost compression. However usually if it is lost compression it will be accompanied by a contribution code and be the 7 or 8 cylinder.

Try your luck at the cleaner, if it doesnt work it may be time for a new one

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dumped in the cleaner, went for a spin, so far so good, its not a compression problem, as the misfire goes away when the code is erased when it is warm. The P0306 was the only code reported.

>>Gord

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Need to check the injector connector and harness
that code is one of those Open or Short codes
The PCM will shut that injector down if the code hits enough times
Since clearing the code seems to restore the injector, I think a connection or harness

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need to check the injector connector and harness
that code is one of those Open or Short codes
The PCM will shut that injector down if the code hits enough times
Since clearing the code seems to restore the injector, I think a connection or harness

For now, I'm just going to leave it. I took it for a long run, about 200 km & with a double dose of injector cleaner with a double dose of Lucas fuel treatment it seems to be ok. Hopefully I can leave till spring, It is pretty cold out these days & I'd rather not tear it down @ 10 below Celsius. Thank you very much Hydro, I really appreciate your input.

..Gord

1 - 7 of 7 Posts