Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started the truck this morning, and the check engine light was on. It wasn't on when I drove it last time, and the truck seems to drive fine. I cleared the code, and it hasn't come back since a test drive around the block. The truck has been sitting for a few weeks since I had it in the body shop to fix a big dent caused by a flying rock from some moron cutting the grass across the street. I've only driven it home from the body shop in the last few weeks until today.

My code reader said it was a turbo underboost code. Is this something indicative of turbo problems? As I said, it seems to run fine and is developing plenty of boost. I'm running a stock, EGR off tune right now if that matters. I think I'm gonna take the car now and see how the truck does tomorrow just in case there is something wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
diid u get any answers?

Got similar problem with my own '05 F250 happened under load & intermittent codes of p0404 & po405 ( ECR Faults) wondering if you got any help or resolution?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i am having the same problems. there is no preformence loss at all has been acting like this for the last 30,000 miles. please help the light being on is starting to piss me off.

779 Posts
turbo is coked up. tear down and inspect unison ring, vanes, and center housing, if all ok, clean carbon up and reassemble.

·
Registered
41 Posts
can the turbo be taken out with the cab on. i know its easier with the cab off but i dont have easy axcess to one. also is there any gaskit/ seal kits that i would need.

thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, the turbo can be taken off with the cab on. It's not the easiest job on the planet... make sure you have some ratcheting box wrenches, PB blaster, and a lot of patience. It might be nice to have a helper, too... as the turbo is pretty heavy and awkward to get in and out.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
When you go to disassemble that turbo be shure and clearly match mark the houseings so they go back together correctly or you will have a hell of a time getting it to fit back right and seal correctly and line up with the exhaust pipeing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts