Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, So last night I was driving and when I got to a stop sign, I tryed to accellerate and I had NO THROTTLE response. I pushed the pedal to the floor and the truck just idled. The CEL then came on after a quick rough idle. Well, I shut it off and cranked it back over, and CEL still was on but was able to drive to neighbors. I went to go home then, and a mile down the road I lost throttle response again and the truck died as if it had lost electrical power. I turned off, tried to crank over and wouldn't start. I turned off key again and tried to turn on again and it started. Was able to drive the rest of the way home with no problem. I pulled the codes this AM with OBDII reader, and I am getting P0299, and P0460. Which I looked these up, and they don't seem to be related to the problem symptoms as I have described. I'm worried about the turbo one, because it sounds expensive, BUT, I havent noticed the turbo sticking or anything? I do hear an occasional "shutter" sound when letting off pedal?

So, I was going to test my batteries to start, then the FICM because they way the truck was acting it seems that it was an electrical problem? But absolutely no throttle response scares me?

Any help on this issue would be totally appreciated, as this is my first diesel, and I don't have a lot of knowledge with them. I go on deployment soon, so def. want to get this fixed for my wife!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No smoke at all.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not been able to duplicate this issue in the past 2 days... All i have done was unplug ICP sensor and replug in, also sensors going to fuel filters and whatnot. So I dont know what to think...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts