Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok like the title says i have been noticing that i am having jerking/ surgeing around cruising speed 65 to 75 when holding a steady speed.thought it was tranny related at first but, if i give it pedal she drops a gear and it clears up until i let it relax back at steady speed. checked my cts for codes and found p0284 cylinder 8 contribution/ balancing yada yada. cleared it and checked again after about 200 miles and it was back. my question is do you guys thinks its stiction or injector? not sure if i would get the fault code from stiction or not. please help as this seems to be killing my mileage. have dropped 4mpg since i noticed the problem and i drive around 800 miles a week in the mountains of montana so would like to get this solved. any advice / help would be great thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i will test the resistance tomorrow on the coils and go from there. probably be replacing the injector. code only pops up randomly only had the code 3 times in 4000 miles. i check daily for codes so only 3 times in 4 months but 2 times in the last week. about 500 miles between the 2 codes checking every 50 miles for new codes. notice the rough riding at cruising speed for the last 3 months. if i drive at 65 or below it is perfectly smooth running and no issues until i come to a uphill grade and need more fuel and boost to hold 65mph.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also want to add that with my large tires i dont notice the problem until i get around 1700 rpm. which is about 70 mph

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
also want to add that with my large tires i dont notice the problem until i get around 1700 rpm. which is about 70 mph
You may have a bad injector harness.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts