Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2014 F250 w 142k miles. Drove it a couple hundred miles P026A popped on it which is the temp sensor for the cold air on the Intercooler pipe. I picked up a new sensor at Ford and replaced it. The code went away after driving it a few days. After a couple hundred miles the same code popped again. Anyone know what could be causing this?

When I pulled the old sensor I checked the ohms and compared it to the new sensor I bought and the resistance was very close. So I didnt think replacing it would have cleared the fault but it did and now it’s back.

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
P026A isn't "the temp sensor for the cold air on the Intercooler pipe" exactly. It is saying that the temperature difference between what that sensor is reading and what is predicted isn't right. ...and that the intercooler might have clogged airflow or has been rendered otherwise inefficient.

Can a bad sensor cause the code? Sure. The sensor wiring could, as well. ...but the code isn't complaining about the sensor. It is complaining about the intercooler.

Here is more info on the code:

Since swapping out the sensor didn't help, I'd be looking more closely at the intercooler for reasons why it may not be sufficiently cooling.

Reactions: lowmpg and Patriot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you dj. I tried understanding the attachment but its like reading Latin. I don’t get it. I was skeptical the sensor was faulty when I checked the resistance and it wasn’t open or shorted and it’s ohms was similar to my new one at room temp.

Do you think I should take it in to a shop and have them diagnose or just replace the Intercooler altogether? I’m fairly mechanical and pretty certain I can do the job myself.

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
I hate throwing parts at things, so a shop diagnosis would be the route that I would choose. You have ruled out the sensor, so you've made their job a bit easier. ...and yes to Ford's explanations being a bit hard to follow!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you dj. I tried understanding the attachment but its like reading Latin. I don’t get it. I was skeptical the sensor was faulty when I checked the resistance and it wasn’t open or shorted and it’s ohms was similar to my new one at room temp.

Do you think I should take it in to a shop and have them diagnose or just replace the Intercooler altogether? I’m fairly mechanical and pretty certain I can do the job myself.
Did find out what was the problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts