Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like others, I am experiencing the 0267/0269 codes after rebuilding my oil cooler. So I bought new batteries today after mine had been showing sub-12v (and they were >3yrs old). So I took it to the dealer just to see if they could fix it without a FICM replacement.

I am pretty sure I am going to need a new FICM. Can anyone think of other ideas to solve that issue? My Edge Insight CS and multimeter show 47v or better on the FICM.

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
your ficm voltage is good voltage. 47 volts or higher is perfect(can go down to 46, 45 volts i believe) I would look elsewhere with this problem.ALso if it was a ficm problem you would be throwing codes for all injectors.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
your ficm voltage is good voltage. 47 volts or higher is perfect(can go down to 46, 45 volts i believe) I would look elsewhere with this problem.ALso if it was a ficm problem you would be throwing codes for all injectors.
Not true, Iirc, the early model ficm can drop one or more cylinders. Ficm logic board could be bad also, with good voltage.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Check your ficm connectors, and injector connector. Does it run rough at idle, shudder at highway speeds, any smoke?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the replies. The connectors was what came to mind to me as well. I unplugged them and put them back in but no change.

It actually does shutter now at 45-50 mph and it didn't do that before. It runs a little rough at all times after these codes.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, brother.

Due to my time crunch and my truck still being at the Dealership for alignment I purchased a new injector and standpipes/dummy plugs from PMM. I also purchased a new FICM from ficmrepair.com which will hopefully arrive Saturday or Monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts