Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 6.0 and just put new head gaskets in. I also did a new egr cooler and oil cooler, I had the turbo out for this job. Since then I have had the code P0237 popping up for the Turbocharger Boost Sensor A circuit Low. The truck is running great for the most part and the turbo sounds good, idles and drives smooth but my mileage is down to 13-14 mpg driving conservatively and it definitely has some trouble accelerating to speed. When I first got the code popping up I replaced the map sensor and made sure that everything was sealed, charge air hoses, intake, etc. I checked the readings on the map and maf sensors when it is running they were map-5.9 and maf- 3.6-4.25. With the ignition on engine off they read map-5.9 and maf-0. I'm not sure what this means but I'm pretty sure that the map should read 0 when the engine is not running. Also, when I start the truck a couple seconds after it turns over I hear the turbo kick on strong for about a second and then wind back down not sure if it should be doing that? I heard somewhere that on the 03-04 if the turbo is removed it may need to be relearned? I'm still green to this motor and any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.