Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since my trucks trans cracked this year i have a whole year to turn it intpo a pullin truck and thats what its gonna be used for. i wana do the p pump nd i was wondrin if it was posable todo it yourself i mean do the machining and all that. and if so how hard is it? anyone know about it? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
well it'll be possible if you have all the tools. . . otherwise no. take me for a ride when you get it done though :thumb:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Good Luck. It can be done but you might be farther ahead just going with BIG oil, fuel and turbo. It would take alot of work but would deffinatly be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
888 Posts
well since my trucks trans cracked this year i have a whole year to turn it intpo a pullin truck and thats what its gonna be used for. i wana do the p pump nd i was wondrin if it was posable todo it yourself i mean do the machining and all that. and if so how hard is it? anyone know about it? :dunno:
Start with $15K....and go NORTH of that.... :thumb:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what exactly is done when u p pump it.doyou just modify theinjection pump?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
a WHOLE lot. you have to build up all the internals to hold that power and not only that new heads for you new fuel system. a bunch of machining. your talking to the wrong guy cause i've never done it or seen it done but thats a lot of work. outlaw performance is a vender on here and they sell one. contact them.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Outlaw performance p pumped engines are 75000 Dollars! So i'd just get a built cummins and drop it in Youre truck.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
google carson stauffer

15k will buy the parts, if you already have the motor.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
big k are you saying we dont have an injection pump?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wasnot awareolf that. nd yea that fummins is nasty. its a 12 or 24?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
i wasnot awareolf that. nd yea that fummins is nasty. its a 12 or 24?
Do yourself a favor and read as much information on the subject at hand before you even think of opening your wallet.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i defently will

·
Registered
387 Posts
Isn't Beans making a new front cover to help with this?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
id love to do it. i knowe some people who can machine. and know some other people who can help so if i could do it myself thatd be great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts