Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 excursion with 35" BFG all terrains (315/75-16). I'm chipped and getting 15.5 mpg. I'm thinking of going back to stock tire size if I can get a significant enough mpg gain. Would anyone know approx how much if any gain I could expect?

Thanks,

dyno

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
just remember guys with over sized tires you are really traveling farther then it shows on the odometer unless you have it corrected with truespeed or superchips etc...

I know my truck is out 6 km/h or 3.8 mph so on a 100km I have really traveled 106km and I'm only running 33's vs the stock 31's you have 35's you will be out more.. gps it that's how I checked it out, and then compared a trip that we made with my truck and over sized tires and my wife's Monte SS with stock tires ... she followed me from the drive way to the cottage up north so we went the same distance but mine was clocking less miles/kilometers then hers.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I lost at least 3mpg by going to 35's from the stock 31's. I can't wait to get rid of these and go back to 33's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep...I need to factor in the speedo offset. My superchip programmer didn't have the speedo calibrator function.

Whoa. A 3mpg boost is an eye opener...esp. @ 4.20/gal. I drive about 15000 mi. a year...that's going to save me about 650.00 a year/55.00 a month in fuel. Who care if the rig looks GAY!!!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
no. I LOST at least 3mpg. Got at least 19mpg crusing now I get at least 16mpg cruising. However, after changing my fuel filters and did 75mph for about 180 miles and got 17mpg. lol weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts