Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was driving to drill sat. Morning. I got about an hour down the road and I start to slowly loose power. I pulled over and my rig shut off. Fired her back up no problem, she blowing white smoke and I smell diesel. Pulled the codes and I got a # 7 cyl. Contribution imbalance. I got her towed home and go straight to the org. to research. I had it narrowed down to an injector or o rings.
Today I pulled the passenger valve cover off and fuel rail. I went to pull the #7 injector and found it was loose, I mean hand tight. So I pulled the injector and found it was missing the copper seal and an o ring.
When I was doing my stud job I could not get the injectors torqued so I tighten them pretty good. I'm thinking that was a huge mistake. I broke 3 torx bits trying to torq. 2 kobolts and a Pittsburg broke. I know now I have to these bad boys torqued so.
What do I need to torque these bad boys down? I used a new 24ftlb torq. Wrench then I went to work I got my calibrated torq. Wrench still broke the bits. What kind of torx bit do I need? Is it something I need to order?
I'm going to pick up some o rings tomorrow and hopefully get her back together. Thanks

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Make sure that copper washer is not stuck in the bottom, I got a long set from autozone, reluctantly, it worked. I broke one also, before I got the one from autozone.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks southend. I will get those bits from autozone and look for that copper seal. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bits worked like a champ. I got it all back together and running. She purrs like a kitten. I decided to go ahead and pull all the injectors and inspect them and check o rings. I found 2 more kind of loose and changed the o rings. Thanks for all the help southend.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Your welcome, glad you got it!

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts