Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's a bit of bad news.......the 01 F250 that my wife drives(see specs below) is becoming a bit of a burden on the wallet with $5/gal diesel. In Jan 08 we took it to a local Ford dealer to get an idea on what trade in would be. They told us $12,000. We didn't trade at the time but lately have been thinking about making a move. We went back to the same dealer today and the trade in value is now $4500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trade in on the truck has dropped $7500 in 4 months! :dunno::doh:

I'll park it in the field and throw rocks at it before I take $4500 for trade in.

If anyone is interested in a good truck let me know.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Did you ask them why the trade in price went down so much? That's really wierd!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I know why it went down. The market for these trucks is not to good. With fuel prices up: people who can afford to buy a truck that runs on diesel and gets 18 mpg can afford a brand new one!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Prices have plunged hard on these trucks. Last weekend we bought my wife a loaded mint 04 250 crew cab lariat fx4 with 49k on it and they gave me a warranty to 100k, it was owned by a Dr. Got it for 19k, 3 months earlier they wanted 33k for it and if I had waited I probably could have got it cheaper yet.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, and to make matters worse, she got pulled over by the GA State Patrol and got a ticket for windows tinted too dark? WTF???? Is there nothing better to do? No crackheads to arrest or DUI's to give? What an a$$hole. Besides, the windows were tinted 4 years ago when I bought the truck. I've been pulled over several times and nothing was ever said about the tint.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've been waiting for the window tint nazi's to get my wife too. Hers is a Tn truck and looks to have 20% on the windows and Ohio cops are kinda anal about it. I agree tho, murders, mass shootings, drugies and your lookin at my tint!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Willholl79, And my pride and joy 1989 Ford GT65 Diesel Lawnmower. I saw this in your sig and told my wife I wanted one. First I got the "your a idiot look" and then "I am not paying 5 bucks a gallon to mow the yard. To which I replied "I bet ya do before its over!" which got me the "you need to learn when to shut up look". :hehe:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I love that darn lawn mower. If it hits a patch of thick grass it just blows a couple puffs of black smoke and keeps on trucking!

·
Registered
517 Posts
:hehe:Here the city makes us keep the grass cut or I'd have a jungle, I hate cutting grass. I'm thinking of getting a cow or a goat, at least I could eat them at the end of summer.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
It would seem with prices the way they are it would just be better to hold on to the truck and ride the fuel wave

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
It would seem with prices the way they are it would just be better to hold on to the truck and ride the fuel wave
Yea, that’s what I’ve been thinking, been thinking that for over 4 years now. When I bought my truck fuel was $1.30 and gas was $1.90. I couldn’t find a 99+ powerstroke anywhere around here and if I did they wanted way too much for it, like over 25K. I could drive my powerstroke cheaper than my 4.0 Ranger back then. Not long after I got it we had the first big fuel spike, gas went back down but diesel didn’t, ever since then diesel has been more than gas, that makes no sense at all! Today gas was $3.80 and fuel was $4.80, I’m starting to think it’s not a wave but a flood that will never subside and will continue to get deeper and deeper until we all drown or give our trucks away and buy ricers.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ever considered WVO conversion???
I've been wanting to switch to bio but good luck finding any used veggie here. I'm not sure how it would affect the warranty on the wifes truck either.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I was just getting ready to build my processor for Bio so I could tell the fuel companies to Pound Sand, when the seafood place backed out of our agreement. It seems with the higher fuel prices all the food places are being bombarded by folks wanting their used oil, the renderer companies, which have been taking advantage of them for years, are now paying them a attractive sum for thier used oil. If I have to pay $1.00-$1.50 for used oil, then another $5-$6 per gal for Methanol, plus the Catalyst it simply isn't worth it in the long run. Fuel prices can't stay this high, if our pres was up for re-election we would'nt be paying these high prices. We need to dig into the reserve, afterall what is it for if not for times like this??? This will put a hurt on the oil companies and they won't be charging $110+ for a drum of crude. I will park my truck and by a geo before I sell it for 1/2 of what it is worth!! All I am saying is you better have a reliable oil source before switching over to bio or WVO.

NCH

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
This is the time to buy a deisel truck. to bad most of us already have one.:dunno:

·
Registered
174 Posts
A guy I work with has an 05 H/D edition 50,000 miles and he was offered $14,000.00 for trade.... yet to buy a new one they are not budging off the price nearly as much.. :doh:

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
I've gotta ride out it .... since they dropped in value so dang much I owe more than they would give me.:(:doh::(:doh:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I didn't go home to Tn this weekend because I just didn't want to fork over 200 for fuel 2 weeks in a row. Went to a party out in the country last night and everyone could not believe how cheap we got her truck when they looked at it. My mother in law told me she saw on the radio some dealer in this area would no longer accept trucks or suv's as trade in's on economy cars. They drive a 08 F350 and 07 Expedition and stayed home this weekend too. I want to switch to bio but can't get the oil here unless I start stealing it, seems every place here recycles it or sells it.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
This is the time to buy a deisel truck. to bad most of us already have one.:dunno:
Great time to buy one if you don't plan on driving it! :hehe:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts