Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone here know a source for the original style ford pinstripe for the OBS? Tough to find, I know you can’t get the original anymore, I can’t find any new old stock. And I can not find anyone who is making the same style they used to use.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
What about asking a body shop? I would think they may have sources.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about asking a body shop? I would think they may have sources.
Thanks supercruty. I asked around before to various shops etc, but no luck on the original style. Everyone tells me you can’t get it anymore. It’s all different. Some that will have to be close enough. I guess I’ll have to go with that, but I was hoping someone might have an old roll around. It just doesn’t look right when you know what you are supposed to be seeing, if you know what I mean. And the colors will be off. But, that’s just me.

Anyway, thanks, though I’d ask here. I’ll keep looking and asking. Someone out there must have some old rolls around...

·
Premium Member
4,444 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone here know a source for the original style ford pinstripe for the OBS? Tough to find, I know you can’t get the original anymore, I can’t find any new old stock. And I can not find anyone who is making the same style they used to use.

Thanks
Try 3M.
Canadian tire sells 3M single and double stripe pinstripe rolls in a great variety of colors and styles.

surprisingly, I found a perfect match for my 07 last year when i redid the two tone.

What are the colors on the truck?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try 3M.
Canadian tire sells 3M single and double stripe pinstripe rolls in a great variety of colors and styles.

surprisingly, I found a perfect match for my 07 last year when i redid the two tone.

What are the colors on the truck?

Thank you Kaya,

The original is 4 stripes of the main body color (3 different widths) and 3 of the accent or two tone color.

I’m looking for Dark hunter green and oxford white.

Im starting to doubt I’ll find it. Not the original anyway.

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
Thank you Kaya,

The original is 4 stripes of the main body color (3 different widths) and 3 of the accent or two tone color.

I’m looking for Dark hunter green and oxford white.

Im starting to doubt I’ll find it. Not the original anyway.
When a text and driving lady smacked the rear end of my 1999 2 yrs ago the body shop had a fun time trying to find the stripes. They called me 2-3 times saying we think we found some but its not the exact same color can you come look to see if it matches enough. The first was nope... The second matched near as my eyes could see so it may just take some time digging but you'll find something close.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Perhaps LMC truck would be an avenue, or if you have a jpg for the pinstripe, take it to a sign shop or vinyl place to have it made.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Print shop is good. They'll even put it all together. Body shop business 40 yrs+. In the past we might have to piece them together ( for different sizes ) Or take them all off and get close as possible. Good luck !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts