Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Eugene / Springfield area and am I need of a good reputable diesel shop that knows the 6.0 and it's issues and fixes. So far I have only been able to find the local stealership that says they can do the work (head gaskets, oil cooler, egr cooler etc), and Oregon Fuel Injection who specializes in diesel performance parts and service. Anyone have any experience with OFIand the quality they do? I would also be into taking the truck up to Portland or elsewhere if a really good shop is recommended.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,880 Posts
Oregon Fuel Injection is a good quality shop for parts. We use them over here on the east side of the state pretty regularly for fuel pumps/injectors. They are an authorized Bosch reman/repair facility and we never had any problems with any of their products at the previous shop I worked at.

As for the shop, there's a member here who runs a good shop on your side of the state and is pretty knowledgeable. I can't remember the name of the shop, but his name is Derek. PM sent with contact info :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Fleet Service NW I have heard does real good work on the 6.0 I had talked to them last year and they seemed VERY knowledgeable and I was impressed. They are in Hubbard I live about 5 hrs away in WA that is the only reason I didn't have them do my work.. that being said I have no first hand exp. with them

http://www.fleetservicenorthwest.com/Pages/default.aspx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Its on the wrong side of the mountain, but Performance Authority here in Bend is a good shop.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
A little late to the party here, but any other recommendations as to a good 6.0 and bulletproofing shop here in Oregon?
What part of the state?

-jokester

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, I am in Salem... but would be willing to travel reasonable distances... so far I've been recommended to South Commercial Auto in Salem, Vision Diesel in Aurora, and Fleetservice NW in Hubbard

A little late to the party here, but any other recommendations as to a good 6.0 and bulletproofing shop here in Oregon?
What part of the state?

-jokester

·
Registered
376 Posts
I know this is late, but DO. NOT. EVER. TRUST. YOUR. 6.0 TO. SOUTH. COMMERCIAL. AUTO. They are disreputable and prey on new diesel owners.

They "bulletproofed" my truck 5 years ago.

40K miles later, I have to replace:

Heads (they over torque OEM head bolts instead of using studs. They actually fight you if you want studs and call you an idiot.)
Head gaskets. Yeah, go figure
Oil cooler. They didnt flush the damned block and used cheap *** off the shelf green coolant. It's plugged again.
EGR cooler. They weld them shut, cant pass emissions with that
Cab bushings. They couldnt even torque down the cab correctly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts