Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have routinely ordered oil filters (Motocraft) through Amazon and I was shocked when this arrived (pics below). This is the same company I've always purchased through and the filter has always been in the original box. So you tell me an I paranoid? I went to AutoZone and got my filter, working on sending this back. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen and if they were comfortable bolting it up to a 10,000 motor?

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
973 Posts
My engine cost me $14,000.

Fck that. I buy oil filters at Walmart, but my fuel filters off of eBay. If I got one that wasn’t in the original packaging, there’s no way I’d install it.

Filters are cheap, engines are not.

·
Super Moderator
9,274 Posts
That's why I prefer to buy when it says : Sold by Amazon, Shipped by Amazon.

So much easier to return if there's an issue. So far, so good.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Can't say with this Motorcraft filter, but I know on the Motorcraft for my Mustang the dealer gets them in a case so they end up being cheaper. They are identical to the individual unit that comes in the box right down to the markings. Just cheaper in bulk. It might be that scenario.

Tom

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I always used to go to Wally World for them, or get them in 2 or 3 from dieselfiltersonline. They're cheap too, and all they sell are diesel filters lol. Though, one time I ordered some other Motorcraft stuff and they came in a Mopar box. I questioned that order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts