Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered new performance parts today now what do I need? I ordered a edge evolution new version with monitor, s&b filter kit, and a mbrp 4" exhaust kit. I also have done the foil delete. The truck is a 2000 ford f-250 4x4 lariat 7.3. I know I'm going to want more So what do I need to order now guys.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
First off, cancel the order on the Edge. If you want more, you will nead real tuning from TW or DP Tuner.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It shipped out today

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the new edge evolution since it had the built in gauges

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
There a quite a few edge's for sale in the "for sale" section. Maybe that should have sparked a thought.

You should also look into a wicked wheel or ATS compressor housing for your turbo. Plus a valve body for your transmission to keep it happy with the extra power.

Don't line up against that buddy with the dodge, he will eat you up. Your edge is not the same as his edge.

Stealth Automotive sells a gauge set just like the edge unit but no edge fake tuning with it. Just gauges. Stealth Automotive. Stealth Monitor

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What will the wicked wheel and a ATS compressor housing for the turbo do. I'm new to all this I don't have any idea what that stuff is.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
When you add tuning of most any kind the added power causes the stock turbo to surge. The WW helps eliminate it. The ATS housing will eliminate it. Surge happens when running the engine in the lower RPM range and pushing it like when towing or driving in the mountains. It sounds like a bird chirping and can cause the boost to flutter. This will cause the turbo to basically vibrate apart.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the ww easy to install? what about the ats housing?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will my transmission hold up to these mods I just ordered?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
A valve body for your transmission will help keep it going longer with the extra power. John Wood is the best one in my book.

99-03 7.3L Trans Parts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts