Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slowly but surely getting my 1995 F250 PSD ready to tow a travel trailer. I just ordered a TRU-COOL 4739-1 TRANSMISSION COOLER. My truck is stock. Does anyone have any personal experience with this cooler, or any advice as to where is best to mount it? Of course, it can replace the original cooler in front of the condenser, but I've read somewhere that it can be mounted behind the front bumper. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
999 Posts
It can be mounted directly behind the front bumper openings. It will mount to the bumper tabs that hang down. That will keep it out and away from the condensor and radiator so the radiant heat off them will not filter into the trans cooler.

I've got one of those setting in my garage. I'm waiting for my BTS valve body to get here before I install it.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
I think the tru cools look very good behind the bumper. I would repost the pic of one done but i dont remember where it was. Its a nice clean install

·
Registered
999 Posts
Here is some of how Tom S. mounted his and how I will be mounting mine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my transmission cooler installed tonight. Went in easily behind the stock front bumper. Here are a few pics of before, during, and after:

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's a 13 row cooler? How long is it?

Reason I ask is that 2001 psd trans coolers are 9 row and 20" or so inches long.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is:
Tru-Cool # LPD47391 40,000 GVW rating, 45,000 BTU rating
8 1/2 x 22 3/4 x 1 1/4 inch
3/8 inverter flare (fittings are included for thread to hose barbs)
WITHOUT external thermal bypass. Lower cost for locations where there are mild winters!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts