Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the switch from a Duramax to the Powerstroke. Nothing against the Duramax, I chose the :icon_ford: for the roomy interior and styling of the interior and exterior. Although, I am concerned with reliabilty and the ride of the Fords. (please don't take offense) With a tuner and delete, the milage should be OK. I ordered a crew F250 4x4 and am thinking of 35" ProComp Extreme ATs with 18" Dick Cepek DC-1 wheels. I drive alot of gravel and pavement. Also plan on adding a a leveling kit. Does anyone have any pictures or comments about this setup? Thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
You picked a nice truck, that's for sure.

There are quite a few fellas on here that gone that route on their '08s. Sit tight and I am sure they'll be by soon with thoughts and pictures.

·
Registered
435 Posts
How long did they tell you it was going to take to get your truck?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
How long did they tell you it was going to take to get your truck?
It don't matter what they tell you, cause it never arrives on time. :hehe:

They told me 6 weeks, and it didn't show up until week 12 or 13 I think. :doh: It sucked having to wait so long for it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
It don't matter what they tell you, cause it never arrives on time. :hehe:

They told me 6 weeks, and it didn't show up until week 12 or 13 I think. :doh: It sucked having to wait so long for it.
KTP is on reduced shifts here in Louisville and is shutting down for the whole month of July, I was just curious as to the lead time on a special order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Salesman said they have been coming 4-5 weeks but that was before the layoffs. I really don't know but when it arrives I'll tell you exactly how long it took. Since they are slow maybe a special order will be faster or since cutting shifts maybe slower but the thought has been crossing my mind also. It's been seven years since my last one so I can wait a little longer.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Good choice on trucks. I'm sort of compairing apples to oranges here but a couple of my friends have duramax's and they have said the ride of my '06 isn't as "objectionable" as they would have thought.

Though I like my wife's quote better, "Its not bad, it still rides like a truck, not a girly truck like Jay's."

Oh yeah... :ORG welcome:

·
Registered
185 Posts
:ORG welcome: i love those dc-1 wheels, need to get a set for my truck!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
:ORG welcome: you are going to love your truck once you get it. I know I have enjoyed it in the 3 months that I've had mine. :icon_ford:

·
Sparkplugs Not Required
405 Posts
:ORG welcome:

Where at in Illinois you from???

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Welcome to the Blue Oval

·
Sparkplugs Not Required
405 Posts